Sneaky dad

By say no to dick - 18/04/2014 22:56 - Australia - Newcastle

Today, I found out that my father faked his whole "mid-life crisis", just so he could gain my trust and get me to admit that I smoke weed, and to tell him who I buy it from. Hello year-long grounding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 740
You deserved it 43 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well you kind of deserve it for telling him in the first place.

Comments

maggiefox 25

you got a smart witty dad...you better watch out...

A year long grounding is better than a year in prison at least, right?

Depends on the conditions of the grounding, I suppose. Even prisoners get free time.

Really? You'd rather be go to prison than be grounded by your parents?

Your dad is smart for doing that for that method of finding out.

Wow OP, You got suckered in BIG TIME!!! Has he ever had a toke on a spliff or ripped a cone? Somehow, I feel that if he says no, he's lying. I wonder if your dad was old enough for woodstock? Or maybe Lollapallooza or burning man? I would investigate and gather info and any evidence of your papa being recreational, arrange a sit down meeting and discuss openly, no holds barred, all contact he has had with any type of drug, present any evidence and information gathered, his experiences, thoughts and reasoning behind why he felt the need for such an elaborate hoax, instead of treating you like an adult and speaking to you man to man, not parent to child, as it isn't an equal playing field.

If you live under his roof and you are doing things he doesn't want done you just need to deal with it. Was clever of him to do it that way but at the same time kind of low. Wait until you move out on your own to do those kind of things.

The truth will come out one way or another...don't try to hide jt...

Lol look at all of you automatically defending weed... Its origins don't matter, its still a drug. Every superhero is a superhero, regardless of how lame their origin story is.