Sneaky dad

By say no to dick - 18/04/2014 22:56 - Australia - Newcastle

Today, I found out that my father faked his whole "mid-life crisis", just so he could gain my trust and get me to admit that I smoke weed, and to tell him who I buy it from. Hello year-long grounding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 740
You deserved it 43 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well you kind of deserve it for telling him in the first place.

Comments

That happened to me and my dad ended up backing off after about 2 months, just wait it out man. Freedom will one day arrive.

flashback_fml 14

Your name completely mislead me

91hayek 31

Wow that's some commitment and skill. Someone get that man a casting call, his talents are wasted on his pot smoking son.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
pwnman 33

Keeping secrets is well meant to be done.

Well you shouldn't be smoking weed in the first place so you deserve it.

he doesnt "deserve it" if theres nothing wrong with it.. its society's fault for being ignorant

I'm not ignorant but I am part of society. I'm also against the smoking of marijuana for recreational use and believe most medical users make up reasons to "treat" their "problems." Don't blame me for your choices.

Smoking has actually helped many people with medical issues. It's been proven in many studies and I've seen it first hard. But I guess being small minded is good too.

62, is it lonely up there on your high horse?

62 - My mother is one of those medical users, for pain management. Would you prefer to see her bed-ridden on morphine for 16 hours per day and completely unproductive (with a chance of overdosing) or would you prefer her to use marijuana and manage her pain enough to be productive? I'd choose the latter any day! Don't be an ignorant bastard. As for me, I've tried it recreationally. 3 uses of it and it no longer affects me whatsover except as a sleep aid. Kinda pointless now isn't it?

poostickles 14

#65, people using marijuana for medical purposes use an altered plant low in THC, so they are either getting a minuscule high, or none at all.

For those who use it for legitimate medical reasons, I'm ok with that. Yes, if marijuana helps with pain then it most certainly beats being on a steady flow of narcotics. The problem is anybody can make up a BS reason to get it prescribed and it becomes abused just like any other narcotic/addictive medical substance. And no, it's not lonely on my high horse because most people (including government and employers) agree with me. How is it in the slums?

Accually 130 about 60% of Canada and over 50% of Americans have shown support for the legalization of marijuanna

173 - Many of those people realize that it's pointless jailing someone for smoking a joint that does less harm and causes less fatalities than alcohol. That, and the government would save itself a ton of money by not dealing with it.

They can do more then save $ 177 they can make a fortune off taxes that they can collect

Axel5238 29

In most places it's still illegal in most places and until it is that is what's wrong. Op's father doesn't want his kid potentially getting arrested for it or maybe doesn't want his kid doing it. That's up to the father.

186 - I come from what is probably the most weed-friendly city in the world outside of Amsterdam (Vancouver). A statistic was published awhile back stating that about 70% of the population here had tried it at least once. Very few people I know are outright against it for even recreational use, including my mom. Dad doesn't care but doesn't want to hear about it either. Hell, if you're smoking a joint here most cops won't even bat an eye as long as you're not being rowdy and not doing it in front of children. They're not interested in going after users either, they only go after the big distributors. Our Prime Minister has tried to shut down our medical dispensaries too but the cops have flat out refused to enforce his laws except when there are other major violations in play.

Axel5238 29

That's there. As far as the states go most places will get you arrested for possession even for a small amount even though most think it should be. Whether or not it should be doesn't matter if your area still considers it an offense worth of jail time. If it is similar there the OP's father has a lot to be concerned with. Also, even if it was legal doesn't mean he wants his kid doing it and they are living in the parents house. What he says goes.

Axel5238 29

There is something wrong with it because if it is illegal and the OP is underage that is a problem. If it's illegal, but the OP is 18 or older OP will not be tried as a minor. If it is legal OP is still bound by the rules of the house. Lots of parents smoke and drink but do not want children taking up their habits and teach them better and hope their kids don't get into it.

Sounds like your dad needs to chill out and smoke a joint.