By Anonymous - 18/04/2014 22:35 - Canada - Concord

Today, my son said his first complete sentence: "Mommy likes shit." Not only will he not stop saying it, I have no idea who taught him to say it in the first place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 374
You deserved it 4 858

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It could be worse. If anyone else hears it, you can turn "shit" into "chips" or something... Maybe. Kids don't speak that clearly at first anyway

I take it since you said "first real sentence", your son isn't old enough to be told something isn't okay to say? I'm sorry OP, that sounds really horrible, but also kind of funny. :) I'm sure it won't last for a long time, he'll find something else to say.

Comments

It could be worse. If anyone else hears it, you can turn "shit" into "chips" or something... Maybe. Kids don't speak that clearly at first anyway

I take it since you said "first real sentence", your son isn't old enough to be told something isn't okay to say? I'm sorry OP, that sounds really horrible, but also kind of funny. :) I'm sure it won't last for a long time, he'll find something else to say.

Buy duck tape. Or maybe you could, you know, teach the child not to say it. That works too.

Redoxx_fml 22

Yeah let's not go with child abuse...not unless the kid's Joffrey

Technically there is a brand of duct tape by the name duck tape... so yeah, this works.

#17 there is a brand of duct tape called "Duck tape". Do a little more research before making a fool of yourself.

Sounds like you should give him a swat or two. That taught me which words not to say.

That seems a bit harsh, considering the child is just learning to speak.

That's the time that it's easiest to teach them. It saves them so much trouble in the future, when the weight of their actions bear down fully on their shoulders. I can honestly say that there have been two spankings that have saved my life.

If you can't handle a child who's just learning to speak with redirection, rewards, and physically moving them if need be, you really fail at parenting. I never had to even swat mine--she was the best-behaved kid in her classroom, and she's got her AA as she's graduating high school. I'm sorry your parents didn't put any time into you, but that's part of the whole 'parenting' gig.

why smack the child when someone Taught the child to say it ? the person who taught the child to say it deserves a smack across the head.

#35 if you don't discipline the child for saying some thing he's not supposed to, he might grow up to be a stubborn and extremely rebellious child. However I do agree that the parent should just do a quick bop on the mouth and full fledged smack the one who taught the kid it. Honestly I don't get why people think swat to a child means hitting him to the next town, not like a small bop to the mouth or top of the head. Sure as heck worked for me.

jazzy_123 20

exactly Just teach the child that it's not OK to say that. I never understood why people found it cute or okay for children to say bad words. My sister's friend says 'F*** you' to his niece and she sticks up the middle finger and says it back. that's not attractive of him to teach her that. She's only like 3 or 4!

That must be hard to explain to people...

The real question is, does mommy like shit? ;)

Suppose the child heard mommy say "that's some good shit."? To a child, they might take it literally. Anyone who has dealt with kids knows that children tend to pay attention when we don't necessarily want them to.

True, but if I had kids I wouldn't say words I don't want them repeating around them

Well sorry OP but that's hilarious. Although young children can get away with that.

Just like the baby on YouTube saying '**** it'

91hayek 31

Sounds like Daddy has been making use of all his one-on-one time with her.