Slasher

By Anonymous - 01/02/2010 05:00 - United States

Today, I sliced my finger open because my roommate's girlfriend put a broken ceramic plate in the recycling. I was putting some paper in the bin and all of a sudden, an inch and a half of my flesh is naked to the world. I don't have medical insurance, so I fixed it with Superglue. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 725
You deserved it 9 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ohheykiwi 2

You're gonna die. It's gonna get infected. And you will die.

FYL for living in a country with no National health care

Comments

i agree with number one. if u really put glue into the wound: you are soo gonna get sick or might even die. trust me, it won't be nice. oh, and also: i don't think ur story is true, OP!

Cyanoacrylate (superglue) is commonly used as an emergency fixative in field medicine. I don't understand what the fuss is, why all of these people are saying the OP is going to get an infection and die. It is widely known that if you get a deep wound and cannot (for whatever reason) get the medical attention you need that you thoroughly wash and dry the wound and then lay in a precise line of superglue to hold the skin together. By the way, if you can see bone, adipose and fascia, it is best to go to an ER or your FP. If that much connective tissue is exposed, you run the risk of nerves or tendons possibly being at risk if you self treat. I did this for a friend's head wound, once. His girlfriend saw it 4 hours later and insisted he go to the ER. ER doc finally saw him, said "wow, your friend did a great job. There's nothing we can do for you here, your friend took care of it all". He then received a bill for almost $1000. This is one reason why superglue is amazing. It has applications in forensic science, too.

testing_fml 0

You should have used duct tape.

You "fixed it" with superglue? How dumb are you?

bonnieandclyde44 0

#132, Superglue is sterile. Hospitals use it all the time. How dumb are YOU?

Well I didn't know that. So if hospitals use it all the time, why is this an FML?

slimjim8094 12

superglue was invented for quick repair of battlefield wounds. you should be more or less OK. don't slather it on, because it's not entirely nontoxic but for short term low dosage stuff you should be fine. next time just use some spray on liquid bandage.

HermonieGranger 0

LMAO! I'm sorry but that was funny! xD

I'm not sure if you can afford this, but if you can, you should get a tetanus booster if you haven't gotten one within the past 5 years.