Slice of life

By Eleanor - 19/02/2017 23:00 - United Kingdom - Leeds

Today, I tripped and fell on my open dishwasher, right onto a carving knife. I'm mostly ok, except that my nipple has been sliced neatly in half. Seriously, the two halves keep flapping open like a little mouth. It would be funnier if it wasn't so painful. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 886
You deserved it 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

alternative-facts 6

OUCH! This made me cringe and clutch at my own nipples in sympathetic pain. Go to a hospital. You probably need stitches. Or you could go to a piercer, and have them put in a nipple ring to keep the two halves from flapping open. Depends on what you're into. But get it checked out now. A cut that deep needs to be seen to. Go. Now. Stop reading FMLs and go...

Sorry OP - That sounds awful. You need to go to the emergency room. Never load a dishwasher with knife points up!

Comments

alternative-facts 6

OUCH! This made me cringe and clutch at my own nipples in sympathetic pain. Go to a hospital. You probably need stitches. Or you could go to a piercer, and have them put in a nipple ring to keep the two halves from flapping open. Depends on what you're into. But get it checked out now. A cut that deep needs to be seen to. Go. Now. Stop reading FMLs and go...

itssnotfunny 24

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

What is wrong with you? OP definitely do not do this it's terrible advice!

Sorry OP - That sounds awful. You need to go to the emergency room. Never load a dishwasher with knife points up!

OMG OW! That made me scream and cover my mouth so I didn't disturb the neighbors! I am so sorry! That's horrible! Now, thanks to FML still messing up, it says your name is Eleanor but that you're a male. If you're a male, it sounds like you might have had your shirt off. If you're a female, I have to wonder why your shirt was off, unless the knife sliced right through it. I imagine there was probably a lot of blood? You may want to consult a doctor just to be safe, and be sure you have a tetanus shot.

Maybe you'll start a new trend. People will go into piercing shops and, instead of saying 'I'd like Prince Albert', they'll say 'I'd like an Eleanor'

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Yooooooooouuuuuu should probably see a doctor....

And that's why you don't put knives blade-up

Please please go get that stitched up. Save the nipple.

AirBusDriver 23

This type of accident is not uncommon but is preventable, heed the advice regarding the orientation of knives and always lift the door up to protect others especially small children passing by the dishwasher. You could save a life.

I was surprised. After I got my dishwasher, years ago, suddenly all the horror stories started coming in about people tripping on open doors. Now, I rarely use it. And I make sure knives are pointed down and are in the back.