Romance is dead

By Anonymous - 07/09/2009 06:05 - United States

Today, at my girlfriend's place, I cleaned up her room, put candles everywhere, scented the air, and placed rose petals all over her bed in an attempt to be romantic and loving. The first thing she said when she saw all this was, "Uhhhhgg, I'll have to clean all this up." FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 370
You deserved it 5 483

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lizzi02 13

awwww, sorry dude.... nice gesture

Sun_Kissed18 25

Tell her you will clean it up and tackle her. Problem solved.

Comments

what a sweet guy. Honestly not enough guys do that and im sry your with a bitch that doesnt appreciate what you do for her. I wish i had a man who was romantic like that:)

next time cuff her to the bed and tell her to stfu!

hahahah, #85 XD It migiht've made a mess but she could've at least appreciated the gesture. Not a lot of guys are that creative & old-school romantic. I know I would've appreciated it.. ):

Steamrolled 0

At least she should appriciate it even if she didnt want it. Quit her dude , honestly.

Having a bad day is no excuse for that sort of response to your gesture. It's not a boy vs. girl battle. Some men do things for their boyfriend/girfriend simply to express their care/tenderness/etc. It just looks like she didn't appreciate an awesome gesture. While some may find it a hackneyed theme, I think there's a reason that rose petals and candles are so pervasive. I personally love the way rose petals feel on the skin. And candlelight always enhances intimacy. Who cares about the mess? Appreciate the moment for what it is and worry about the insignificant parts later. I agree with Steamrolled. Quit her. It doesn't seem that she understands or appreciates your sense of romance at that level.

all i can say to that is what a bitch she should be happy she even has a bf .....dump her now and quick .....if i put that much effort in and my bf (if i had one ) said uhh and do i have to clean this all up i would kick him in the balls and make him clean it all up and pay me the money i had just spent and dump him !!

Raplapla1022 0

maybe thats why you DONT have a bf... ? seriously talk about over-reacting

I have to admit. I've watched Sweet Home Alabama many many times, and every time I get to the scene where her apartment is covered in roses and rose petals....I cringe. SOMEONE has to clean it up, and given it's her place, it'll be her. A romantic gesture is ruined when things need to be cleaned. Next time, do it at your place, implying that you'll be cleaning it up. It'll put her in a better mood. For people that will want to say I'm not romantic....I am (What do you wanna marry me for? To kiss you anytime I want...*squee*), it's just.....I don't wanna clean up that mess either.

It's not that hard to clean up the rose petals, just shake out the blankets and grab a vacuum...

Svartaren 0

I would think that was sweet... :/