Romance is dead

By Anonymous - 07/09/2009 06:05 - United States

Today, at my girlfriend's place, I cleaned up her room, put candles everywhere, scented the air, and placed rose petals all over her bed in an attempt to be romantic and loving. The first thing she said when she saw all this was, "Uhhhhgg, I'll have to clean all this up." FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 370
You deserved it 5 483

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lizzi02 13

awwww, sorry dude.... nice gesture

Sun_Kissed18 25

Tell her you will clean it up and tackle her. Problem solved.

Comments

Jincos 0

I think you will live from a simple error in your day, tough luck sweet-heart.

Honestly, it sounds like she's been here before with your romantic gestures and knows you NEVER CLEAN YOUR SHIT UP. Even the most romantic bedroom/dinner/intimate evening/whatever loses it's allure when you know YOU'RE the one who will always be picking up a hundred rose petals by yourself. Or cleaning those twelve dirty pans by yourself. Etc etc.

Not all guys are the same, maybe he was gonna clean up after himself, you don't know that, but like every typical average woman, they assume teh guy's not gonna clean. Well never assume, because when you do, you make an "Ass" out of "u" and "me" = assume.

i'm assuming you just made the bentest comment in fml history

Well to be honest, they never clean their shit up. lol

Tippssy 0

Why would you do that to HER room, you idiot?

Htownmichigan 0

Very sweet of you! :) Your girlfriend is a bitch.

That's when you suddenly spring up and say, "Damn! I forgot the cheese!", and once that's had time to register and she looks at you like your crazy, you say, "It would have gone great with your *whine*!" ... That sounded a lot cooler in my head. Oh well.

Hahaha. Cool beans. I also heard it in my head and it was nice lol. Good pun.

MySpeedBumps 0

Hey!! I'm moving to Mass soon!! Dump her, I'll be your gf!! :)

Next time just clean up, would have been a romantic gesture by itself. Don't go all queer-eye and lose your manliness. Could have racked up some bed points by not making a mess.

I'd probably react the same~you DO realize that rose petals will stain the hell out of the sheets, the carpet, your skin~anywhere they crush, they will stain. My husband tried this once before I understood that fact~the carpet is still stained.

LOL! Man, if you made that much of a pigsty that this was the first thing she thought of, YDI. Epic fail, my friend. Rose petals may be romantic, but mess certainly isn't - especially if past experience tells her you won't be the one cleaning it up.

"...Paper or plastic Don't matter She'll have it Vacations and shopping sprees These are a few of her favorite things She'll get what she wants if she's willing to please . His type of girl always comes with a fee, Hey now, there's nothing for free Girls don't like boys, Girls like cars and money..." See, if you wanted too be romantic, you should have eft a bunch of five dollars bills all around her room :)

fatesucks 0

u little......... she was having a bad day. most girls dont want money or gifts, but a guy who loves her. get over ur self. gosh.

@fatesucks Did you actually take this seriously? lol

ireply_w_lyrics : Your comment lived up to your username :P P.S- That song's by Good Charlotte right?