Plot twist

By Anonymous - 05/11/2012 11:36 - United States

Today, I overheard my mom talking on the phone with my sister about how much they hate my fiancé. My wedding is in two weeks and my family has been pretending to like my future husband for three years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 190
You deserved it 2 133

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You don't live to make them happy..live your own life.

I feel bad for you. Talk to them and maybe you can make them think positively.

Comments

sorrowsangel89 1

They are probably pretending to like him because it is not their duty to like him- if he makes u happy then they have to support u.

perdix 29

They must know something you don't . . .

olpally 32

Doesn't matter, get married... Or find out what their problem is first... Good luck op.

Would it have changed your mind about marrying him? They probably kept quiet because they love you and didn't want to put a wedge in your relationship with them. ***I've had girlfriends that I couldn't stand their BFs but kept it to myself because that's who they chose to be with and it's their life, not mine to interfere.

Hey that means they want you to be happy. Most families would tell you hey I hate him dump him, but they love you and want you to have the life you want

simron_15 3

I would definitely have to have a polite chat with both of them about talking like that behind my back. And I do mean polite. Let them know you weren't trying to eavesdrop, but you heard the conversation. Thank them for not being rude to him for your sake, then ask them what it is that's bothering them about him. Maybe it's something important they've picked up on you need to know, maybe it's just a simple personality clash that can be worked on.

I think this may be one of the most sensible comments I've ever read on here..

Thank you. I suffer a terrible allergy to drama & have found common sense and reason are both pretty good cures : )

noisebox 1

Maybe they see something you don't, I would ask why they feel that way...before its too late.

I'm sorry to hear that! It's horrible that they would pretend that for three years, but you know what? It's YOUR fiance and YOUR wedding, so they should just be happy for you and support you. :)

It's horrible to try and be nice to your child's fiance? To know you don't really like them but you'll suck it up for their sake? Would you prefer if they were open and were horrible to the fiance? Because I'm pretty sure that's a worse fml. It sucks that they don't get on but families aren't always perfect. I'm not sure if this is the best or healthiest solution but I at least appreciate the effort...it isn't easy to pretend you like someone.