Plot twist

By Anonymous - 05/11/2012 11:36 - United States

Today, I overheard my mom talking on the phone with my sister about how much they hate my fiancé. My wedding is in two weeks and my family has been pretending to like my future husband for three years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 190
You deserved it 2 133

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You don't live to make them happy..live your own life.

I feel bad for you. Talk to them and maybe you can make them think positively.

Comments

Honestly, who cares?! He's your future husband and you love him that's all that matters. You're family can hate him but as long as they don't meddle in your life.

At least they pretend! My family just flat out tells him and I how much they hate him!

Don't worry they will get over it after you have kids. Been there

Haven't these people ever heard of closing the damn door? It's much better to fix these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality.

RainaMadeilline 0

Well you have your own life for a reason and that reason is so you cab live to make yourself happy with what you are. You should be grateful for the fact that your family is trying their best to hide it and keep him around rather than say it to his face and make him leave. Maybe you should try to talk to them and tell them what you heard maybe they can resolve their problems. Honesty is its own reward.

JoeGrant 12

Honestly, after you are happily married you won't have to listen to what they say or think of your husband. Who cares what they think, you and your fiancé love eachother and that's all you need. **** what your family says OP!

So they are tolerant enough to at least pretend to like him? What is so bad about it? They could act much worse about it than they do.

crazy4uboi 6

Your wedding has nothing to do with it, your family's opinion shouldn't change how you feel about him, they'll learn to like him but you can't learn to love someone just because they like that person.

ughhseriouslywow 10

It could be worse. They could trash him while he's in the room and pretend he's not there. At least they're being polite, and keeping their dislike a secret.