Plot twist

By Anonymous - 05/11/2012 11:36 - United States

Today, I overheard my mom talking on the phone with my sister about how much they hate my fiancé. My wedding is in two weeks and my family has been pretending to like my future husband for three years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 190
You deserved it 2 133

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You don't live to make them happy..live your own life.

I feel bad for you. Talk to them and maybe you can make them think positively.

Comments

allisadawn91 8

Uh, same thing happened to me. My mom ended up breaking down and tried to stop the wedding. She failed, but that didn't stop her from showing up drunk. We moved out of state a month after we married. She seems to have no idea why...

That does really suck, but that's better than them outright hating and shit taking him. They are doing it because they love you so much and want you to be happy even if they don't like him. If they were outwardly mean to him things would be a lot worse, and he would feel completely unwelcomed. They didn't want to hurt you with the truth, and chances are they thought you'd be with him no matter what they say, so its better to keep the peace. If he makes you happy and you love him, then that's all that really matters in the end.

I'll take my family not liking my fiancé and not telling me, over them liking my fiancé more than they like me, and taking his side when they find out he cheated.

KiddNYC1O 20

Have the wedding anyway without them. I'm sure if they didn't like him because he was a scumbag they'd let you know. Right?

So you'd honestly have preferred they complained about him your whole relationship? How much more stressful would that have been? It may have caused you to not want to be with them. I'd say this is the lesser of two evils.

What really matters is if you love him OP

Blakeykins 0

As long as YOU love him that's all that matters. Screw what your family thinks.

doglover100 28
doglover100 28
Chris_trolololol 2

It's a sign. Call off the wedding.