Plot twist

By Anonymous - 05/11/2012 11:36 - United States

Today, I overheard my mom talking on the phone with my sister about how much they hate my fiancé. My wedding is in two weeks and my family has been pretending to like my future husband for three years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 190
You deserved it 2 133

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You don't live to make them happy..live your own life.

I feel bad for you. Talk to them and maybe you can make them think positively.

Comments

They probably just didn't want to push you away.

Their approval really does not matter to the state of your relationship, but I personally think your fiancé will grow on them after the wedding and beyond. I'm sure they will realise that liking someone they most likely will see for the rest of their life is easier than not liking that person. Hate just makes everything more difficult!

As long as he doesn't have a neck tattoo ar dreams of being a proffesional beer pong player, they have no reason to hate him. FYL

blunttobluntest 12

You know, I think that your family really cares for you! If they are willing to pretend for your happiness, I believe you are very lucky!

They may've not hated him for three years, some recent actions would've made them hate him, if they hated him hardcore they would've voiced it to you.

raraisbang 12

Not necessarily. Perhaps they would rather OP be happy, so they don't say anything about how they feel about her fiancé except to each other. Not everybody is so vocal about their opinions in matters such as this. Either way, who are they to judge? They aren't marrying him. Unless he's just plain god awful to Op or has done something to justify their dislike, it doesn't really matter what they think of OPs fiancé.

If they were going to live together, I see a bigger problem than her relatives not liking him.

perdix 29

Dump him! You deserve better. Once a cheater, always a cheater. PS: Aw, I'll be your friend.

missababgaga 19

Wow, your family is incredibly two faced. Perhaps consider seeing less of them once you get married. Its not you job to please them on this matter!

Trust me when I say that it's better that they're pretending. My family won't even bother.

I hate people like that. You have a ******* problem? You ******* talk about that shit, goddamn it! ****.

Perhaps they dislike him but respect that fact the he treats the OP well and think that the fiancé is a good match with the OP and care for her enough to put her marriage before their feelings. I think they fact that they respect OP's choice and not try to disrupt her relationship is a good thing for her. Would you rather that they straight up tell him that they hate him and make things worse and insult their daughter's/sister's choice? Who knows, perhaps her fiancé will win them over some day, which is likely to occur as they aren't trying to attack him in any way and respect him and OP.

You're the one who's going to marry him, not them. If they can't even tell you how they feel after 3 years, you shouldn't worry about it.