No coffee for you

By timmyb - 02/03/2009 03:03 - United States

Today, I walked into Starbucks for a job application. I asked the manager if they were hiring, as I really need a job. He looked me up and down and replied, "NO!" There was a 'Now hiring' sign in the window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 353
You deserved it 5 002

Same thing different taste

Top comments

WHAT A DICK. You should go back, ask for a drink and throw it at him.

#4 - re-read the fml verrry carefully alot of places have those up and just never take them down even when they don't need people.... like the kfc near my place that has the rusted, crooked sign near the drive through.

Comments

Um, of course they're hiring if there is a now hiring sign up! That's the stupidest question to ask. YDI.

its okay, i work at starbucks and theyre a bunch of dicks

WHAT A DICK. You should go back, ask for a drink and throw it at him.

Why would he want to hire someone who either was unobservant or asked questions to which they already knew the answer? He was probably just saving himself some time.

#4 - re-read the fml verrry carefully alot of places have those up and just never take them down even when they don't need people.... like the kfc near my place that has the rusted, crooked sign near the drive through.

I think you should re-read the fml closely. It says that the manager looked op up and down BEFORE saying no, as he would've just said no if they weren't hiring anymore.

OK, you can totally sue him. He's not allowed to hire/not hire anybody based on gender, sexual orientation, physical appearance, blah blah blah. Also, I agree with sonofskam. Go throw a drink in his face!

Maybe they just forgot to take down the sign.

How were you dressed? Dressed to impress? I've seen people apply for jobs in ratty (or otherwise) street clothes. Always, and I mean always, dress up a bit. Show them that you want the job, no matter how the employees dress.