Glazed over

By lulupie - 08/08/2016 09:10

Today, I went to a job interview. I really needed the job to keep my apartment. As I was being interviewed, the manager looked past me and stared off into space. There goes the job and my apartment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 075
You deserved it 1 152

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I had this happen to me once and got the job, people often have things on their mind I wouldn't count yourself out yet!

Yarecho 14

He was probably so interested in you that his mind could not handle the extreme exposure and had to dart off to avoid overheating.

Comments

Yarecho 14

He was probably so interested in you that his mind could not handle the extreme exposure and had to dart off to avoid overheating.

ChristianH39 30

The power of positive thinking

I had this happen to me once and got the job, people often have things on their mind I wouldn't count yourself out yet!

She really shouldn't count herself out. She's just one ride in a time machine away from going back two days (or so) before this was published and OWNING that interview!

Maybe hes thinking of the great future having you on the team....or lets hope so

The manager might just be having an off day? it doesn't mean you didn't get the job, so keep your hopes up!

species4872 19

He was thinking of breasts and oreos.

Some people have ADD (attention deficit disorder)... Even if you don't get this particular job, don't let it rattle your confidence. There will be other opportunities for you, so keep your chin up!

It's reasons like this that I stopped taking interviews held at night during which I'd have to sit above the interviewer, looking down at them.

Keep your chin up op :) It isn't over until it's over. If that interviewee couldn't be bothered to show common courteousy (wether interested or not) then you might've found yourself in a worse position in the job then before. There's a lot of opportunity out there.

So losing your apartment and facing homelessness is better than having a crappy job and an apartment?

Keep your professional stature & dignity no matter what. You never know how far that can carry you

He's probably an INTP and he zoned out.