No Chick-Hating on Easter!

By Anonymous - 01/04/2018 19:00

Today, I proposed to my boyfriend of 13 years. He broke up with me because "Chicks can't propose, that's gay!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 403
You deserved it 722

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mungolikecandy 19

You dodged a bullet there. I would say FML for wasting 13 years now go find someone who is worth you.

Comments

It seems to me that he used that as an excuse to break up, which is something he may have been thinking of doing for awhile, but never had the chance to until an opportunity to do so came up (though for this reason is not reasonable). It also seems to me that after all these years, he has become so comfortable with the relationship that he never gave marriage a thought, especially if the two of you are adults.

One thing, if he hasn't already proposed to you after thirteen years, he probably never would have. Maybe he just didn't see you guys getting married? Who knows. also. The guy is always supposed to be the one to propose

He sounds like he just missed out on Mensa! How on earth did you spend 13 years with someone like that?!!

Thirteen years? With that guy? Why, OP, why?

I am so sorry you wasted 13 years of your life with someone that ignorant.

While that is not exactly a common thing, I feel bad that you wasted 13 years with someone like that. There comes a point where you need to propose or discuss otherwise, and the fact he did neither is a bit surprising.

what are you doing being stuck with a guy for 13 years youre not married to anyways... I don't get it...

whakea 5

God what a waste of time!!! Sorry 😔