Law and order

By Anonymous - 28/08/2015 05:41 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I washed all the dishes and cups from the family dinner last night and put them away. When my wife saw, she had a mini OCD breakdown and yelled at me because the cups weren't lined up with each other with the handles aligned and the flower pictures facing out left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 318
You deserved it 3 281

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, I'd say let her do the dishes from now on. That's one less chore you have to worry about.

I'm not sure you can complain. You had to have known about her OCD when you married her.

Comments

vintageart1994 16

I wouldn't be able to stand living or being married to someone like that.

tehdarkness 21

Total dealbreaker. But if you choose to accept it in a partner you need to truly accept it.

Because illnesses aren't 100% of a person. Mental illnesses can make you do and say terrible things, but if you love and understand someone you can eventually see where your loved one stops and the illness begins. It's the difference between somebody who lashes out angrily during a panic attack and apologises later, and someone who continually abuses you.

Maybe we should swap wives. I would love it if all my dishes were lined up.

That's something easy to fix it's not like a specific one goes first or something like that

TeacherTeacher 11

Exposure therapy is a perfectly valid treatment for OCD. My ex was diagnosed with OCD and that's what we did.

chr1sF 12

Throw them all back in the sink lined up perfectly how she wanted

TomeDr 24

My ex NEVER did dishes. Nor did he ever help with the housework. I promise you that if you were MY husband, I would never complain about you doing the dishes!

If that's a mini breakdown, what happens during a major one?!

If she truly has OCD, you can't really fault her. Mental problems are a bitch, and you can't really control them. Try getting her some professional help. If you were just using OCD as a metaphor for neat-freaky behaviour, yeah, it sucks.