It's the thought that counts

By sadwife - 31/05/2009 18:07 - United States

Today, I woke up and my husband said he got me a gift for our one year anniversary and that it was on the table. We laid around cuddling and when I finally got up I was expecting to walk out to beautiful bouquet of flowers. I got two packs of cigarettes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 653
You deserved it 10 748

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, he's trying to make you happy. I mean if he got flowers they might outlive you.

Comments

kingbeau 0

Nothing says I love you like cancer sticks, and nothing says I can't wait to die to get rid of you like smoking 'em. (Takes people on average like six tries to actually quit, so if you're going to don't wimp out after the first 5 times... or the first ten, cause some people probably quit first or second time with drugs or whatever and somebody has to balance the average.)

dancing_bear 0

I'm assuming they weren't fancy cigarettes then? Anyway, I think the real issue here is not that he gave you cigarettes for your anniversary, but that he clearly thought it would be the perfect gift (hence his enthusiasm about telling you it was on the table) when you would have preferred flowers. Surely if you're married you should know what the other one likes?

Each cigarette takes 11 minutes off you life expectancy, so there goes 440 minutes right there.

Two packs of cigs are probably more expensive than some flowers right now.

Always_Abby 0

#7 - LOL. YDI, since 1. you smoke and 2. you're whining and he was just trying to make you happy.

that sucks. he got you lung cancer for your anniversary.

twindaddy 0

As expensive as cigarettes are right now, you shouldn't be bitching. And quit smoking, tool.

TryToBeKind 0

That's pretty dick-ish of him. Did he grow up in a family where you only got people gifts they'd use? My mother's like that, she'll spend all year buying 'bargain' socks/t-shirts/christian-fiction books etc and then she wraps them up and randomly gives them as gifts come holidays/b-days. It's nice to always have a gift on hand, but woah.

DarkMirror 0

Just be glad he actually remembered it.

seven_to_twelve 3