It's the thought that counts

By sadwife - 31/05/2009 18:07 - United States

Today, I woke up and my husband said he got me a gift for our one year anniversary and that it was on the table. We laid around cuddling and when I finally got up I was expecting to walk out to beautiful bouquet of flowers. I got two packs of cigarettes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 653
You deserved it 10 748

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, he's trying to make you happy. I mean if he got flowers they might outlive you.

Comments

shadow_duv 0

probably should stop smoking, it causes several types of cancer which if they don't kill you it'll make your life not worth living. Still its better to have that message at one year rather than 20 like comment #1 said

This would be worse if you don't smoke and have a close friend or a relative die of lung cancer...

Smart_ass09 0

Well its something to do when you're pissed off most of the day!

Juno_fml 0

Oh shut up, smoker haters, seriously. If she's smoking, I am SURE that she is well and aware of all the dangers that it brings. And very likely DOES NOT CARE. To that end, I at least hope they weren't like, 305s, right? Hopefully he shelled out for something decent! And I second 51, if he was gonna buy you some cigarettes, he should have gone all the way and bought a carton :)

desso 0

Pzhaw. You sound spoiled. Even though it wasn't romantic, he still got you something, and that's a lot more than I can say for others. Plus, if you've been married for a year you should've already figured out that love's not always warm fuzzies and richard gere movies. It's always a little rough around the edges, and usually really hard work. So maybe that's what your husband was trying to represent by getting you something more practical instead of a bouquet the size of your head. Smoke a cig and get over it already.

i agree with 52. smokers know all the dangers, they just could care less most of the time. hahah all i can say is at least he remembered?