It's certainly some sort of proposal

By imaloser - 06/07/2009 23:27 - Canada

Today, I thought my boyfriend of six years was going to propose to me. We're high school sweethearts and he was my first. Just as he was looking into my eyes he said, "I've been seeing someone else for two years and I'm choosing her over you... it was a tough decision." FML
I agree, your life sucks 73 397
You deserved it 4 295

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, that sucks....I'm sorry. Hope the next few months are okay for you. On the bright side - way to dodge a bullet. If he did it once, chances are he'll do it again.

Lame guy, he thinks he's in a tv show called The Bachelor IX or something

Comments

at least he gave it thought. it's probably best for both of you. although cheating is deplorable.

thanos_lawl 0

FYL and YDI. Being in a relationship is first and foremost about choosing the person you want to be with, love, and trust. *YOU SELECT* the person you want to be with. Based on what he said and did to you, he sounds like a completely POS, and you chose him. Not that every person who is cheated on deserves it, but this guy was not just having sex with random people, he was actively carrying on an emotional relationship with at least one other woman for years. That's seriously F'd and implies that you chose poorly.

I'm guessing you've never been in love based on your comment. She may have picked him in the first place, but once that happens you can't control your heart. Someone may be perfect for you on paper and you just don't love them for whatever reason, love isn't something you control, it's not something you decide to do, you just do it or you don't. Also, when you love someone, you tend to trust them. If you can't trust the person it is very hard to love them. Since she was and may possibly still be in love with him, it would be easy for him to fool her. People cheat every day and get away with it. There are people with multiple families that have no idea about each other. Some people are very good at deception, probably like the OPs now exboyfriend. Some people like to see the best in people and not assume the worst, which is probably how the OP is. Not everyone is jaded. OP, hang in there the pain should fade with time. (all of this is said assuming this is a real situation and not one that someone made up to see how people would react)

He's dead isn't he. So did you run him down in your car? When's the trial?

oh im sorry! Must really hurt but I guess it's better to know now then never.

WORSHIPME 0
Xeciaris 0

Yea that's why almost all high school couple never actually works out. Its like you have a better chance of winning the state lotto than ending up marrying your high school sweet heart, or maybe not. FYL.

wow what a jerk? i agree with #12 that at least he gave it though buy you still did not deserve that. fyl

Aw I'm so so sorry to hear that. You did not deserve that :(

he s a jerk ! nothing can cheer you up, i know, but he doesn't deserve you. the other one must be a **** and she ll dump him for another guy pretty soon, she s prolly already cheating on him.

udumbidiot 0

that other woman should have the asshole. you deserve someone so much better. hope you cheer up soon :)