Hey lady, not cool!

By Ghostly - 21/07/2013 15:03 - United States - Madison

Today, while filling out paperwork at the dermatologist's, it asked what color I would use to describe my skin tone. When the nurse saw that I chose fair, she mumbled, "Ghost is more like it." I have a severe sun allergy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 584
You deserved it 4 234

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flashback.miss 28

so much for being professional. Hopefully you told her and she apologized.

that's just really unprofessional and rude of her. some people just don't know when to shut up.

Comments

Some people are pale, some people are not. Everybody needs to get the **** over it. Sunbeds and tanning using oil are very harmful to your skin, sunburn increases your risk of melanoma and sun damage ages you terribly. If you can go out in the sun and get the nice tan that you want without burning or harming your skin, go for it. If you're pale and burn easily, stay safe and and in the shade. People who guilt anyone for not conforming to their personal ideals are assholes. It's okay to have preferences, it's not okay to be a dick about it.

The nurse doesn't have respect for OP.

How in the **** are you allergic to the sun?

Our bodies can only take so much UV rays. Some people are more sensitive than others.

Why is it acceptable to make fun of someone's skin tone if it's light? Whether you have dark skin or light skin, it's really not something you can help...

Well look on the bright side, as a ghost you could make a great assassin.

That's a bit insulting...better than albino right? And if you want to take it further you already have a Halloween costume...(I know that's insulting/mean also)

I find it sad when nurses start to treat people like that when they don't enjoy their jobs anymore. Sorry you had to go through that OP :/

Well, she was right. Even if it was very rude and offensive...

JudgeComrade 17

Did you get angry and leave through the wall?