By Carebeareatu - 21/07/2013 13:26 - United States

Today, my fiancé confronted me about our wedding arrangements. Apparently, if he's not allowed to wear a duct-tape tuxedo and have a Jesus impersonator as his best man, the wedding is off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 930
You deserved it 8 269

Carebeareatu tells us more.

Hey guys, OP here. I agreed to the Jesus as the best man but not the tux. No, I'm not going to dump him or call the wedding off because of his ideas, since it isn't just the woman's day but his too. It isn't too terrible to have have a little spunk at Our wedding ;P

Top comments

Varieus 30

I believe that weddings are all about the joining of two people, not just females.

Comments

Why? They sound like perfectly reasonable demands!

Doesn't sound like he wanted to get married in the first place.

flashback.miss 28

sounds like he doesn't want to take the ceremony seriously. have a long serious talk and if that doesn't work out, then you may need to reconsider.

Hey I seen people do stranger things. I know about one webbing where the bride and groom made it a Halo 3 theme. Even had the pastor dressed as Master Chef. Pretty cool it my books.

CallMeWindSock 24

*I've seen, *wedding, *Master Chief, *in my book Feel free to tell me if I missed any more.

I think she's being irrational.

I think you accidentally put an "s" in front of "he's".

I think you need to rethink all of the decisions you have made in your life

I think you both don't have a sense of humor.

CharresBarkrey 15

How is a typo supposed to be taken as a joke?

Well according to the OP she doesn't mind a little spunk in her wedding so no, he wasn't being irrational for such request. Weddings don't have guidelines other then the ones you set.

everton99 16

Hey, creativity is always welcome. Sounds like a Duck Dynasty wedding though.

AnnaMariaMc 8

Then you should find yourself someone else to be the groom

well, if these are the only reasons he's ever had to marry you, then good riddance. on the other hand, this actually sounds like fun and you may want to consider it. boring weddings suck.

I agree. its his wedding too. if those are his only requests then just let him have them. some people prefer unconventional ceremonies and they tend to be more memorable. plus if this is his excuse to bail, once you agree to these conditions hell think of more ultimatums and youll know for sure it isnt going to work out.

That is unorthodox And won't taking off all the duct-tape hurt

knotcool 15

You've never made a duct tape wallet as a kid? If you put the sticky sides together, and stagger them so half the strip of each side is stuck together, it won't stick to you. Mostly.

He doesn't mean just putting duct tape on his body to form a tuxedo, you have to make multiple layers and actually make the tuxedo. So the sticky sides aren't exposed at all

Oh cool But won't that cost a lot of money You know duct-tape is expensive

Or put duct tape over clothes. It doesn't have to be a fancy tuxedo underneath as long as it looks good on the outside.

Not really 29. I could buy 10 rolls of cheap duct at the dollar store for $5. it only has to last a day. Plus renting a tux would cost a bit more.

DKjazz 20

If you made the wedding dress of duct tape as well, that would save a lot of money, too. Also, it represents the "unbreakable bonds" of marriage.

Yeah, I suppose the wedding should be off!

Sounds like you have great taste in men.

My husband would gotten a high five and all the help he needed if he asked for that for our wedding. This guy sounds awesome.

..well it looks like it's not going to happen. Sorry OP