Hey lady, not cool!

By Ghostly - 21/07/2013 15:03 - United States - Madison

Today, while filling out paperwork at the dermatologist's, it asked what color I would use to describe my skin tone. When the nurse saw that I chose fair, she mumbled, "Ghost is more like it." I have a severe sun allergy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 584
You deserved it 4 234

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flashback.miss 28

so much for being professional. Hopefully you told her and she apologized.

that's just really unprofessional and rude of her. some people just don't know when to shut up.

Comments

ermahgerd... vampire. Lmfao, ******. :p

Anyone else thought of Laverne Roberts, the black nurse from scrubs, while reading this? So typically her!!!

kaybee41906 13

I've been called a ghost before and I don't even have an allergy...

OP, I can totally commiserate. I am extremely fair-skinned, and today I somehow managed to get a sunburn while waiting tables in an outdoor section of a restaurant. Not only was I outside for just two minutes at a time, but there are huge umbrellas over the tables and it was overcast and raining for much of my shift. Also remember: if it was still the 17th or 18th century, our complexions would be prized instead of mocked! The current obsession with tan skin is still a fairly new development in the grand scheme of things.

clue_me_in 20

ALL skin shades a beautiful, and it sucks that in 2013 we still have people shaming each other over something so trivial. I guess now you know how other people feel.

Well there is such a thing as fake tan.