Hello?

By andibartle - 18/10/2010 04:39 - United States

Today, at my new job, I was answering the phone and said "Hello Cafe Thirty, how may I help you?" The man on the other line said "Don't you mean Old Town Cafe?" Cafe Thirty was my old job. I now work at Old Town Cafe. The man on the other line was my boss. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 042
You deserved it 28 453

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's embarrassing. However, it's a new job, and old habits take a while to overcome. At least you answered politely.

Comments

I think you'll find it was Lord Alan Sugar who coined that phrase first.

It seems I have been given misinformation. My apologies.

now hell go back to his old job and keep saying "Hello Old Town Cafe"

Hey op made a mistake, and everyone does sooner or later. Why do you assume that (s)he'll get fired?

caelrion 1

oh wow that was a stupid thing to do... -_-

It's incredibly easy to make this mistake. Assuming OP has worked at the previous job for a while, it would be drilled into their head considering they answer the phone a lot. Saying it so much leads to you just saying it without thinking. Leading up to this.

So you have gone from one cafe job to another... Yea.. your life indeed is fooked. But not for the reason you stated

I'm sorry have you tried to get a job recently? Take your elitism and go shove it

so you think, that type of job sucks? if everyone thought like you, we wouldn't have restaurants or cafe's or bars.

That's embarrassing. However, it's a new job, and old habits take a while to overcome. At least you answered politely.

jocelyng_fml 0

I'm guessing you were fired from both of the cafes

Small mistake? I don't know about you, but imo getting the name of the establishment wrong is a serious fault. I'm not sure whether the boss should or shouldn't fire OP, but it's not good for a shop if the employers don't know where they work.