Great deal

By Depressed - 04/08/2011 11:45 - Sudan

Today, I arrived in Africa to start my new job. I agreed to come to a city with little to no electricity, and poor water for triple the money I was making in Canada. I just realized my boss and I negotiated in two completely different currencies, and I'm now making half of what I used to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 403
You deserved it 41 360

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well you shouldn't complain, Africa isn't that rich. believe it or not what youre making is worth more in Africa.

How could you be so stupid? Damn I feel sorry for you.

Comments

Don't you think you should've checked/noticed this beforehand?

You're probably still making ten times what the average african makes.

Why would you ever agree to go to Africa...... That's just.... No... Even if you made 3x your wage what would you buy... A mask? A stick? An underaged prostitute with Aids?

waschaffer 5

I literallly laughed for five minutes at this... just hilarious

IronBrig4 3

YDI for not clarifying which currency you'd be paid in. That would've taken just a few seconds to sort out. By the way, if you want some extra money you could paint my garage. I'll pay you in Confederate dollars. How does that sound?

Pufferfish78 5

Canadian dollar is doing better then US money. He'd still be losing money.

elcieloskyler 5

That's why you read the fine print lol

physicist48 0

You're an idiot. You didn't check that ahead of time?

kroekdog 7

Soo... You went to AFRICA to WORK and make MORE MONEY? Yep that was a bad call.

allenhouse3320 0

you shouldn't go to Africa to help in the first place

Be happy it wasn't Zimbabwe... you might be lucky you're getting half :P Life experience and the money you save could be worth it. I don't make too much at the farm but my inability to spend it means I save twice as much. But life exp. here involves how much fox news I can endure.

You are very stupid. In fact, you're so stupid that we might have to invent a new word to describe just how stupid you are.