Great deal

By Depressed - 04/08/2011 11:45 - Sudan

Today, I arrived in Africa to start my new job. I agreed to come to a city with little to no electricity, and poor water for triple the money I was making in Canada. I just realized my boss and I negotiated in two completely different currencies, and I'm now making half of what I used to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 403
You deserved it 41 359

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well you shouldn't complain, Africa isn't that rich. believe it or not what youre making is worth more in Africa.

How could you be so stupid? Damn I feel sorry for you.

Comments

What math were you using when you figured out that you'd be making triple? The same math you used to figure out that it's only double? You better do your computations again, you might actually be paying to live and work there!

*half of what you were making, not double* Your boss knew what he was doing and is gaining from your ignorance! I hope you didn't sign a contract!

Uh, actually depending on the currency he could (by numbers) be making triple but when currency is applied to those numbers it comes out to half of what he's making. For all u know his math is spot on (even if his intelligence isn't)

"Two goats and a pack mule" didn't raise any red flags when you made the deal?

GreenMuzz 0

How could you not know the currency your boss was talking about? Didn't you read your contract when you signed it?

AlexisGadd 0

Well, no one ever accused the Canadians of being smart.....

Crap. I meant to thumb this down...Fail

Considering your user name, I will consider the source. Your need to brag about making "six figures" in your profile is definitely consistent with the world's view of the stereo-typical American, now isn't it. Wondering how the 'brilliant' Americans are doing with their economy vs. us 'dumb' Canadians. You are clearly the epitome of the typical American that the rest of the world lives to hate!!

TheDrifter 23

When an American brags about making "six figures" a year, it means in the range of $8000.00 and that they still live with their parents.

I'm from England, and I'm pretty sure "being smart....." is grammatically incorrect. Such a smart post! Please try not to butcher my language.

says the dumbass who lives in a country with no healthcare system and is currently 3 trillion in debt.

I wanted to tell you to screw off but since im getting perm ban ill let it go out: you looserman is a fcking asshole that uses the same stereotypes for ages ffs who has the biggest debt yet? Americans, who got other economy sectors? Canada, who didnt get much trouble because they have other economy sectors? Canada yeah Canada is way better than your US. No im not saying I hate US but I hate assholes like you that are only good in being bitches annoying spoiled brat. Thanks And Canada FTW

And what country can destroy the entire Earth at any time? Oh yeah the U.S.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah. I'm sure the USA can do more damage than any other country on the world.* *Note: Sarcasm

Silly women, don't get your ego too inflated. There are more weapons of mass destruction stockpiled in our country alone to wipe out humanity. Sure other countries can do the same, but certainly not Canada.

HAHA. Yeah because Canadians do not feel the need to defend themselves over a nonexistent threat. America is like everyone's retarded little brother always trying to start shit with everyone else and trying to gain some attention. When they get it they embarrass themselves greatly. You cause your OWN threats. You really do need to go educate yourself before speaking any further.

I read your profile and I feel like you need to be educated as you are an American living in Canada. I get you feel cool and consider yourself a free thinker by declaring your hatred and lack of respect for your own country(zomg like no one has ever done that before), but honestly you should read my comments before raging like a whiny teenager. I stated a simple fact, Canada is not a nuclear power, in response to the accusation that Canada is of more importance to the world than the United States. And while I'm there, American consumerism, technological innovation and success has greatly helped the world. You can thank an American for the computer (or mobile device!!) you are attempting to outsmart me on while you are at it.