GG then

By Anonymous - 24/05/2014 19:31 - United States - Round Rock

Today, my grandma was diagnosed with lung cancer. We're very close, and I called my boyfriend, really needing some support. I'd barely told him what had happened, when he replied, "Babe, I'm in the middle of a game here. Call me later." FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 342
You deserved it 6 645

Same thing different taste

Top comments

slytherbitch 15

Normally I'd agree, it's very stupid to break up with someone so hastily. Though I'd assume when OP called, she sounded incredibly upset, which her boyfriend should have heard and thought maybe the phone call was more important than a video game.

Comments

I really, really hope you mean ex-boyfriend. You don't need someone like this in your life, just worry about yourself and your family as they'll need your support right now.

Oh my goodness, what is with this site and always being sexist? if a guy made this fml, I'm damn sure that everyone would be telling him "oh I'm sure she was joking!" It's ridiculous how people will throw a relationship away because he was too engrossed in something to listen properly.

ohishkabibble 21

#77, I'm pretty sure we'd all be saying, "You mean ex-girlfriend, right?" if the roles were reversed. Insensitivity is insensitivity, period, no matter the gender of your partner. Also reverse sexism isn't a thing that exists, but thanks for playing!

Sexism is sexism. It goes both ways. I agree with the top part of your comment though, but it would've bugged me if I didn't specify!

#81... No, "reverse sexism" literally does not exist. Prejudice, yes, but not sexism. It's just how the definition works. The same way that there's no "reverse racism" i.e. racism directed towards white people, even though you can be prejudiced towards a white person. So I think that's what the other commenter meant :)

sarcasm alert*** come on, the game may only last an hour but her cancer will be there for a long time.***

A1BROS 4

I'm sorry how is this funny?

it wasn't meant to be funny, hence sarcastic comment about boyfriend. I think he is a dickwad for acting like that.

Ihavegas 22

give him a chance. he probably wasn't paying attention in the first place. besides was it a good way to try to inform him over the phone? I would rather received the news in person so that I could have offer my support or comfort.

She didn't call to inform him. She called because she was upset and needed someone. that's not something you just put off until you see someone in person. when you need support like that you generally need it quickly.

I'm with you, gamers can be extremely oblivious to the world around them, and I know this personally, so he probably just wasn't all there and that's why he said to call him later.

I hope you know other people that are much more supportive. It's quite frustrating reading all these FMLs on overly rude girlfriends and boyfriends. Especially when most of them are worse than this scenario, how do you all keep finding such terrible people?

Impatience, desperation, and the fact that people make mistakes. Not all of the people mentioned in FML's are terrible people, they just had a dumb moment immortalized by being posted here.

most people have atleast one terrible side. some people just show it off more.

I prefer to let people know how obnoxious I am right away, no need to spring it on them after they're committed.

You should call him later ...about two decades later

Mistakes are made.He might not have focused and just thought it was a normal call.Tell him the situation and if he apologises with flowers or whatever then it would be sble to be forgotten but no sincere apology,then it would be understandable for him to be your Ex.Hope your granny is Ok

OP never said what kind of game, it could have been a sports game that he couldn't leave/stop playing

Unless he was playing a game with Jigsaw, I think he could probably just walk away.

...There's always that excuse that it's a game that can't be paused. I'm aware of that and normally it's not a huge bother. However, if a guy is so connected to a game that he can't turn it off when his GIRLFRIEND calls, then that's just sad. I'm sure, and it did say she barely started to explain her distress, and I'm sure she didn't sound so calm. He could have put it aside. A game can be played later, and as someone who does game I'll attest to it. Rant over. Sorry folks! Sirin, I wish I could upvote.

I also feel like if he could make the time to answer the call in the first place then he wasnt doing anything important.

jennakat01 7

That really sucks OP. I wouldn't break up just yet, but definitely have a talk about this. He may have just not listened to you (even though that's bad too) and didn't know it was that serious. If he apologizes then its all water under the bridge, but if he still acts like an asshole I'd end the relationship. I hope your grandma recovers soon btw. :) Have a good one.

How insensitive. Maybe tell him in person though because half the time, over the phone lessens the impact and seriousness of most situations.