GG then

By Anonymous - 24/05/2014 19:31 - United States - Round Rock

Today, my grandma was diagnosed with lung cancer. We're very close, and I called my boyfriend, really needing some support. I'd barely told him what had happened, when he replied, "Babe, I'm in the middle of a game here. Call me later." FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 342
You deserved it 6 645

Same thing different taste

Top comments

slytherbitch 15

Normally I'd agree, it's very stupid to break up with someone so hastily. Though I'd assume when OP called, she sounded incredibly upset, which her boyfriend should have heard and thought maybe the phone call was more important than a video game.

Comments

xxrebelsxx 13

you need a man friend, not a boyfriend. as wrong as that sounds he does sound immature.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma =(

We've all done that, and have been a victim. I'm sorry to hear that. Spend as much time with your grandma as possible, I made the mistake of not spending enough time with them. Don't make the same mistake

People shut the hell up! My God if people took your garbage advice the world would be single. Imagine doing something you find special and someone interrupting that not to mention she probably didn't tell her boyfriend yet. Morons.

In what universe is it OK for a game to be more important than your girlfriend being really upset about a serious issue?

squideth 18

And why, pray tell, is being single such a horrible thing as opposed to staying with some douche? Being single is great.

She did tell him. She mentioned that in the post. Maybe you missed that. I hope.

This is when you know you should dump the selfish jerk. I'm sorry about your grandma.

I'm sorry about your grandma. Your boyfriend is a jackass

How would he know if you "barely told him what happend"....

I recently lost my aunt who I was close with to Hoschins I'm sure I spelled that wrong I understand how you're feeling and your boyfriend is a dick dump him and find someone who actually will comfort you or attempt to anyway

kotake 7

In his defense if he didn't know how can you hold that against him? I've been on both sides of this. Once I was talking to a friend who said she was having a bad day. This friend and I often teased each other, so to normalize her day and be fun I began teasing her around with learning German, declaring it a Nazi language and if they weren't still Nazis why are they angry all the time. Turns out my friend wasn't in the best state of mind because her aunt she was close to died and thought what I was saying was serious (it was really ridiculous too so in an hour everything was patched up because she knew she interpreted it wrong it was so silly and I knew that it's perfectly reasonable to be in that state of mind after something like that). But the point is when she said bad day I thought "oh she tripped and fell" or something like that not "a close relative died". Besides would you rather he not really listen to you while you talk on the phone? Like it or not he's a separate person... it's not feasible that he drop everything for your phone call. Certainly you can talk to your best friend or family members about this until he calls you back (now if he didn't call you back or didn't take your issue seriously THAT would be a red flag imo).

So you cheer up people by telling them that German is a Nazi language? Just wow. Her boyfriend is a huge dick. She tells him that a loved one was diagnosed with a life threatening disease and all he cares about is his game? What a douche!