By tiredmom - 07/07/2016 15:03 - United States - Phoenix

Today, my son found a cockroach in his bed. I had to kill the thing and wash all his sheets and stuffed animals before he'd finally agree to go back to bed, three hours later. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 333
You deserved it 1 574

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A completely logical response. Last time I saw a cockroach I torched the place. Sure, it was my neighbor's house, but I'm sure he appreciated the gesture. Washing everything isn't as effective, but it works.

Next time, tell him to go sleep on the couch, and you both won't sacrifice sleep.

Comments

Next time, tell him to go sleep on the couch, and you both won't sacrifice sleep.

OP's son might be very young, in which case I wouldn't advise simply telling him to sleep on the couch. That's a little cold to tell a little kid IMO.

There's nothing wrong with kids sleeping on couches. Heck, I make my kids sleep on piles of rags in the basement, and they seem mostly alright. I even give them blankets sometimes.

That's why a parent can put down cushions/pillows/blankets to protect the child should they roll off the couch. At least they'll fall into a soft area. But, then the child can still sleep and the mother as well.

*HollyQuinn locks eyes with her partner, smiling slightly with concern in her eyes* "Look, you know how much I love you, and I've hinted at it before, but… ugh, how do I put this best? You see, when it comes to having kids… there's this FML—" "The cockroach one?!" "Yeah! Well, one of the cockroach ones." "Say no more. I'm not looking to have kids either."

chocolateteacup 25
heatherrr17 19

A completely logical response. Last time I saw a cockroach I torched the place. Sure, it was my neighbor's house, but I'm sure he appreciated the gesture. Washing everything isn't as effective, but it works.

So that's why I came home to ashes instead of a house. Sorry about bringing you to court then, buddy, I didn't realize there was a cockroach

Doesn't he have more than one set of sheets ?

And you'd want to sleep on sheets after cockroaches have crawled on them? Cockroaches aren't exactly sanitary. But in all honesty, letting him sleep on the couch would have solved the issue for the night at least.

Poor kid :( Hopefully that means he'll be a cleanly guy when he's older.

well if there's one roach there more. PREPARE FOR WAR