Foot in mouth

By Noname - 24/02/2009 05:05 - United States

Today, one of my closest friends and I got into a fight. She ended the conversation with, "My grandma just had a stroke. Bye." I didn't believe her so I replied "That's great. Bye." Turns out her Grandma is in the hospital in critical condition. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 647
You deserved it 57 587

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How do you win an argument by bringing up critically ill relatives? Was the topic at hand: "who's grandmother is the most ill"? Don't feel too guilty, she probably ran out of arguments and tried to hurt you any way she could.

Yeh anyone who uses sick relatives as leverage has issues, I agree with #1

Comments

How do you win an argument by bringing up critically ill relatives? Was the topic at hand: "who's grandmother is the most ill"? Don't feel too guilty, she probably ran out of arguments and tried to hurt you any way she could.

Yes, i pretty much agree...its pretty stupid if you use your sick grandmother as an excuse to win a fight...

Yeh anyone who uses sick relatives as leverage has issues, I agree with #1

they weren't using it as leverage, they were saying they had to go because their grandmother died.

well they shouldn't have used their grandmother in the arguement in the first place. Thats just wrong!!

epic_fail_whoa 0

#3- The poster probably forgot "Today" at the beginning of the post, and the moderators fixed it but didn't take out the today she included. Don't be such a nitpick.

Who cares, It's legible, may I refer you to Article 5 of the FML code.

holynemesis1208 3

obviously you didn't know so go say sorry and everything will be fine.

OP shouldn't be sorry. OP's friend didn't have to bring up the fact that her grandma had a stroke. OP's friend should be sorry for using her grandma's stroke as a way to make OP feel bad. She should've just apologized for being a bitch and then mentioned that she's just really moody because her grandma had a stroke.

omg thank you to the last post, jeez you people are stupid...

KatieWagnerFab 0
adelaide_evening 0

I think if she was trying to actually tell you her Grandma had a stroke in the first place, she would've said it differently, not thrown it in at the last minute. Sounds like she was trying to just make you feel like crap and win the fight.

lemonkid44 0

What? Who said she was trying to end the fight or any of that shit? How naive are you people, honestly? If my grandmother had just had a stroke, I would say it, no matter what the current situation is. She said it because it had just occurred and it was true, so what's the issue? Come on guys, not everybody's trying to be punitive and win a fight.

Maybe thats because if she really wanted to tell her friend about her grandmothers condition in a way that wouldn't make her friend feel like crap, she wouldn't have said "my grandma just had a stroke. Bye." That sounds pretty similar to, "I said that so you could feel like a jerk and now Im gonna stop talking to you so you can wallow in it" and a lot less like "Im sorry we're fighting, Ive just been really stressed out today because Im worried about my grandma because she had a stroke, I'll talk to you later"