Get Back

By DiskJockey - 05/08/2009 01:37 - United States

Today, I learned a valuable lesson, never leave your "Let It Be" album, which you paid $489 for on eBay out on your desk. My brother also learned something, old records make for very breakable, one use frisbees. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 064
You deserved it 11 924

Same thing different taste

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

yeah, just some crap old band that millions loved. even if you only like shitty recycled chart music now doesn't mean you can't have respect for the beatles

Do you not know who the Beatles are? How many times did you have to be dropped on your head as a child to damage your brain or ears that badly? Go listen to a few songs, read up on your 1960's historical events, then come back here and tell me what you think. They were a phenomenon that has not been reproduced yet and probably never will be, and for good reason.

alex_vik 0

Well, I hope you're not trolling, because it's good to see someone else who doesn't like the Beatles. I must just hate all pop music because I can't stand them.

wow. not pop. by any means. i hope you know how ignorant your statement is. i hate pop with a passion. i can guarantee you that the beatles are not pop. i have a feeling that one listen through of abbey road or sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band will quickly change how you feel about the beatles.

Pretty_Tied_Up_fml 0

Sorry, but The Beatles were pop. They were just revolutionary. Pop music is really a softer version of rock n' roll, which is why it's so easy to listen to. The Beatles were cutting edge for their day, and ushered in a whole new wave of bands which is why they're so "revered" in culture. Like, Gene Simmons from Kiss and Joey Kramer from Aerosmith both watched the Ed Sullivan show when The Beatles first hit America and were totally blown away. The Beatles had it all down - the look, the catchy hooks of a song, the merchandising. They were pop, but they were revolutionary.

lmmmr 0

The Beatles are absolutely pop music. Not to be confused with the modern pseudo-genre of popular nonsense.

no way! the beatles were the first punkrock band. not pop. and op: i bought a $290 copy of revolver a few years back, and would be devastated if something happened to it. Ydon'tDI by any means, *** these haters. regardless of age, people should show your belongings respect.

lmmmr 0

No, punk rock emerged in the 70's from the garage rock/DIY scene. The Beatles have absolutely no ties to garage rock or DIY. Punk rock is almost entirely defined by fast, loud percussion. It is not punk rock without the drummer playing as fast and loud as possible. Needless to say, this does not describe the Beatles. The only similarity between them is socially and politically inspired lyrics, and obviously you can't consider every artsit with a political stance punk rock.

Edge578 0

Ever listen to Helter Skelter? Tell me that's pop.

Edge578 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsVlmp8eQ7s Yep, definitely pop music. Anyway, that sucks for you dude. The Beatles are amazing and I suggest you kick your brother's ass.

I would have killed him. Even if it was a $5 copy of Let It Be, if anyone breaks my Beatles Albums then there'll be hell to pay.

It's not something you could have seen coming, so I don't really think this is your fault. It is in some respects for leaving it out, but it's more your brother's fault for not asking before borrowing something that is yours and using it as a frisbee. Older brother or younger brother, dude needs to learn some manners.

Use your brother as a frisbee, he deserves capital punishment for this crime.

You're in luck, there's one on eBay, brand new, still shrinkwrapped, with a buy-it-now of $37. http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-BEATLES-LET-IT-BE-BRAND-NEW-LP-VINYL_W0QQitemZ200361094551QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item2ea673ad97&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 YDI for paying $500 for a $20 album.

AAAAHHHH12 2

Well, maybe it was autographed? You never know.

suckstobey0u 0

Damn. Let it Be was a great album. Kill him.

OP, you should force him to become an excellent musician (via torture and blackmail), and make him imitate the Beatles to re-create the album, note for note. When he fails (which he will), put him in a monkey costume and make him dance on the street to pay you back for the album, the music lessons, and the monkey suit.

blackredwhite 0

gee.. what do kids learn in school nowadays? they'r not getting any smarter!

The government continues to cut back on education because they don't know how to handle their own money for shit we don't need.