Gaslighting

By -__- - 11/08/2013 16:26 - Greece - Athens

Today, my girlfriend discovered subliminal messaging. She thought that whispering, "You want to shave your beard" under her breath while I'm not looking at her, then denying ever saying it, would eventually make me shave my alleged upper-lip hair FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 994
You deserved it 5 735

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That would be called a mustache.she doesn't know the difference and doesn't appreciate it? Tell her to GTFO!

I'd listen to her before she paints over your van.

Comments

ducky45 20

Ugh. Why can't people just be straightforward. If she wants you to wax your lip hair, she should just say so. And OP, don't feel embarrassed because of your lip hair. Many, if not most, women have it. I have it myself. I use Nair to remove it. It's painless and much gentler on my skin than waxing. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Just make sure your skin isn't sensitive to it. I burned the crap out of lip once, never again will I use it.

caohm 18

A true lady would appreciate facial hair. for what is it but awesomeness escaping through through the face.

caohm 18

nope then it's more successful at stopping sex than a chastity belt.

Did she happen to just see the movie Now You See Me? If that's the case, then make sure she doesn't try anything other crazy stuff like jumping off of a building and disintegrating into thousands of dollars.

deathfyre8 13

I loved that movie, it was really interesting and I learned a lot in the ways of misdirection.

gameover18 17

change her ringtone to the ringtone that makes her **** bigger and show her how real subliminal messages really work.

perdix 29

A Greek woman with upper-lip hair? Impossible! I thought you all looked like Aphrodite!

Wizardo 33

Clearly you haven't seen Medusa, Hecate or even Scylla.

perdix 29

#27, obviously I haven't seen Medusa -- you can't type FML comments with stone fingers!

Wizardo 33

#38, well you could see her and live. Just be weary of the eyes, like the Basilisk itself - petrifies all those who make contact it does. But still The Thing can do it, you should too >.>

Time to lose it, McLovin. It may be for the best.

Guys guilt girls into shaving their privates constantly. It's not that difficult to oblige OP, unless for some reason you truly love and treasure your facial hair.

But guys guilting girls into shaving downstairs is NOT okay. :/

I think the issue is more that OP's girlfriend can't just be honest and up front about it. I would be much more willing to go with my partner's preference if they asked maturely, rather than trying supposed subliminal messaging

Wait till she falls asleep and whisper "you want me to take a shit on your chest" and see if it works!!!!

Sometimes I'm absolutely perplexed as to how people come up with things like this. Maybe there's not much else going on, so there's plenty of room in there for ridiculous comments?

Not everybody can be perfect, and grown up such as yourself, guy.