Freakout

By ParanoidFreak - 31/12/2009 09:31 - United States

Today, after I got in my car in the Walmart parking lot, a creepy man knocked on my window. Since I'm incredibly paranoid and scare easily, I put my car in gear and tore out of there, accidentally hitting another car. Apparently he was returning my phone that I dropped. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 943
You deserved it 40 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What on earth made him "creepy"? Try judging people less on their appearance.

liveitupx 0

Who said that the OP was paranoid about getting raped? Being paranoid doesn't mean that your conceited...its just that your afraid of things, like creepy men coming up to your car.

Comments

Yea I know what you mean. I get really scared at night. Before I go to sleep I lean a metal chair against my doors so if someone opens it when i'm sleeping it will fall and wake me up. Also I have a fanny pack that I keep my gun in and I put it around my leg at night and sleep with my gun right by my side. It really sucks to have to do that but if I don't I would lay there until the sun comes up. When I was little there was a peeping tom at my window (of coarse the window was open) and he really messed me up for life. lol oh well.

Pinaymix 0

Eh wrong assumptions but I can understand why, lol I wonder why the guy didn't just wave the phone at you while he was knocking.

What I came to say. The exact thing has happened to me, I cracked the window and asked what they needed before rolling it all the way down. OP use that pea brain of yours.

OP is right in being suspicious, but obviously overreacted. My dad was held at knifepoint my two little guys by the tire center. Why the **** theyd choose a 6'6 320 pound man to rob i'll never know, But they both wound up in the hospital, hah.

lmaoatyourlife 0

So over the top! If you're so paranoid, seek help. There was no reason to drive away, if your windows were closed and if your doors were locked theres not THAT much that he could of done. YDI for being so over dramatic, and **** the person who's car you crashed into's life.

I completely think that you were well justified in what you did. If it were me, I would have done the same thing. NEWSFLASH: Just STAYING there gives him an opportunity to pull out a gun, point it at you, and then what ? GG GG GG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. If you are approached, especially at night, the OP was doing what is correct. If the man as just trying to return her phone, he should have approached the car with her phone clearly in sight. I can't believe some people here actually think she deserved it. A strange man comes up to your car in a PARKING lot and taps on your window.. she's alone & has no idea what's going on... and you call her judgmental ? WTF. Do you not like.. I don't know.. interact with any type of security personnel ? Did your mother not teach you anything about "stranger danger"? = =; Some of these people here are going to be dead if they are so naive.

You should watch Penn & Teller's Bullshit episode on "stranger danger." And if he pulled a gun, you could still drive away just as quickly. People are calling the OP judgmental because her response is symptomatic of media-fueled middle class paranoia. If you're so naive as to think there are muggers and rapists waiting for you in every parking lot then I pity your sad, lonely existence.

olivejuice001 0

Teach us how to be faster than a speeding bullet, since you have the skill. I have a dead friend who could have used that when he had a gun aimed at him in a grocery store lot.

Haha_oh_wait 4

He should learn to dodge bullets then duh.

What on earth made him "creepy"? Try judging people less on their appearance.

ydi. over reacting much? Jesus all you paranoid people must lead an exhausting existence.

Rebecca1993 0

I can understand you being paranoid, cause I'm really paranoid too, but you WAY overreacted. So yeah, ydi. You shoulda seen what he wanted before you tried to get away.