Freakout

By ParanoidFreak - 31/12/2009 09:31 - United States

Today, after I got in my car in the Walmart parking lot, a creepy man knocked on my window. Since I'm incredibly paranoid and scare easily, I put my car in gear and tore out of there, accidentally hitting another car. Apparently he was returning my phone that I dropped. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 943
You deserved it 40 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What on earth made him "creepy"? Try judging people less on their appearance.

liveitupx 0

Who said that the OP was paranoid about getting raped? Being paranoid doesn't mean that your conceited...its just that your afraid of things, like creepy men coming up to your car.

Comments

ParanoidFreak 0

I wasn't planning on it, but I guess I should clear some air here (I'm the OP) about what happened. Due to FML's 300 character limit, I wasn't able to give the whole story of what happened (though I do think I deserved it regardless of what the whole story is quite honestly). I was walking out of Walmart, at night and by myself to the end of the parking lot, since that was the only place there was room. I did notice the man quite some distance away from me when I first saw him (about 4 rows over) looking at me; which by the way I'm 22, and it's not like I'm not used to people looking at me. I didn't think anything of it, but when I got in my car, with no one else around and he knocked on my door, obviously I freaked out since normally people don't go chasing after you in a parking lot without saying anything beforehand...unless of course they're Edward Cullen, in which case, it would still be creepy. Yes..I should have tried to see what he wanted before I tore out of there..he wasn't ugly, old, anything like that, it just completely surprised me, and I overreacted..something I tend to do in odd situations. But to anyone who sees no rationale in what I did, open your eyes. Murder, theft, rape, etc.. does happen all over the world, and can happen to anybody, and chances are higher when you're by yourself with no one else around.

usnwife 18

By yourself at night, I can have a lite more sympathy. I grew up around police officers and was brought up with the "always be really cautious, but too paranoid can get in just as much trouble" mindset, and just taught how to handle things. I realize not everyone gets this upbringing though. Always park under a light after dark. If you can't, just don't park and save the trip for another day. Always have the driver door toward the building, too. And if someone came to my widow, yeah, it'd scare me, but keeping one hand on the horn I would crack the window just enough to see what he wanted. And even if he had my phone, I would NOT then open the door or roll the window down all the way. Have him lay it on the hood or something. Being paranoid and driving out of there like you did got you into an accident, and gave him just as much if not more of a chance to cause you harm than cracking your window...

Your reaction was a smarter one than automatically opening your door/window for him, you couldn't have known if he was trying to trick you into something horrible.

somuchjustice 0

You deserve it for shopping at Wal-Mart.

Wii624 5

Ahah dont feel sad. IF it helps I woul dhave done the same! :D And shut up about wal mart people. Its the best store ever. Its only like 3 cents off zellers and target and any other store. Whats the big deal? If anythin git gives MORE jobs to people i need. Dont believe me? watch the penn & teller bullshit on walmart.

allihall127 0

Idiots, this isn't a time for a person to not be "judgmental." If there's a man you don't know knocking on your car window, you can't take a chance. It's not that you're assuming that every guy is a rapist, it's just that you never ever know, and you have no way of knowing. Plenty of women have assumed that a guy was okay, and then he turned out to be bad news. Anyways, you do NOT deserve it because you were doing the right thing to protect yourself. Don't listen to these people. It doesn't mean you're a judgmental person, it just means you're a "better safe than sorry" person. But anyways, good luck with dealing with this situation. Hope all turns out well!

martic835 2

I don't blame you. People have been mugged, raped, and beaten up in Wal-Mart parking lots. YDI for having bad driving skills though.

SarahxFish12590 0

Oh mannn, this reminds me of the time I went to walmart at midnight to get something for my job and there was this guy walking around pushing a cart around where my car was. So I told someone in walmart and the manager escorted me out and asked what guy it was, so I pointed and he said "...that's one of my cart collectors..." I felt so dumb.