Freakout

By ParanoidFreak - 31/12/2009 09:31 - United States

Today, after I got in my car in the Walmart parking lot, a creepy man knocked on my window. Since I'm incredibly paranoid and scare easily, I put my car in gear and tore out of there, accidentally hitting another car. Apparently he was returning my phone that I dropped. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 943
You deserved it 40 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What on earth made him "creepy"? Try judging people less on their appearance.

liveitupx 0

Who said that the OP was paranoid about getting raped? Being paranoid doesn't mean that your conceited...its just that your afraid of things, like creepy men coming up to your car.

Comments

Here's a PROTIP: the world is not that dangerous. Stranger danger is vastly overrated. You and the OP are being completely ridiculous and paranoid. Obviously YOU haven't looked at the number of people that such things happen to. Or else you would be worried that a close friend or family member was gonna kill you, because the chances of that happening are many, many times higher. Guess you should quit talking to your family and hit cars trying to drive away from them. Quit watching the sensationalistic news stories reporting the one or two Stranger Danger story there is a year and get over yourself and live life. Jesus Christ. You don't even let someone do a good deed because your quaking in your shoes. Here's a fact: only about 15% of murders are from strangers or mere aquaintances. Not to mention your chances of getting murdered period are ASTRONOMICAL. THE WORLD IS NOT THAT DANGEROUS. DO NOT PANIC!

The world is actually more dangerous than your insignificant little brain thinks it is. So, STFU, watch the news and look at some statistics. The world isn't disneyland.

all you people are pathetic. "what if he pulled a gun on you?" if you're that scared see a therapist, because that has probably the same chance as any other person you would ever see. Quit judging people just because they look "creepy". YDI

DirtyDiana_fml 0

You guys should read "The Gift Of Fear" before you bash this chick. She has the right to be scared, now if that guy was a rapist and killed her, you guys would be saying "Stupid bitch shouldn't of opened the door" sigh stfu.

Yes. We should all go through life worrying about the one in ten million risk the "creepy" (read: eww! He's ugly! OH MY GOD THAT MEANS HE'S A MURDERER! UGLY PEOPLE ARE EVIL!!) guy at Wal-Mart poses.

DirtyDiana_fml 0

Omg you guys are so stupid. "The world is not that dangerous." Lmao do you live where I live or in some suburb? stfu. You don't know everyones surrounding, to say that "The world is not that dangerous is absurd, because if it wasn't people wouldn't be murdered. You don't know this lady's surroundings, if she lived anywhere close to where i live I would speed the **** off too. You need to be judgmental how many of you would really open your door for some ****** in the parking lot of walmart?

Rebecca1993 0

i would only speed off if no one else was in the parking lot.. but i totally understand what you're saying about the world definitely being dangerous. The day after Christmas a guy was stabbed to death in one of the apartments my stepdad owns. And a guy got stabbed right outside my house, practically on my porch, and the chick that stabbed him got shot and killed like, 5 months later. So yeah, the world is pretty dangerous.. stuff like that kinda gives people a reason to be paranoid

Well, my assumption was that you and the OP live in a first-world postindustrial country, like the US, Canada, or someplace in Europe. Where your chances of being murdered are being astronomical. There was a news story the other day about a meteorite blasting through someone's roof and coming near to killing them. Do you worry about that too? Does that make you unsafe? Just because something happens to a couple thousand of the SIX BILLION PEOPLE in the world doesn't mean it is LIKELY to happen to YOU. And the people who did get murdered usually a) slept with someone's wife b) stole someone's drugs or c) shot at some soldiers. You have about the same chance of getting hit by a falling meteorite as being murdered by a perfect srtanger. Yes, I would open my door for a stranger (which she wouldn't even have had to do, just crack the window open -- and if he had a gun, he could shoot her through the closed window anyway), and I have before. It's not a big deal. Grow up and stop cowering over your own shadow.

I wouldn't say that's a completely fair assessment. The US has plenty of crime (I can't speak for the other countries you mentioned, since I don't live there), and if you'd paid attention to the media lately you would realize that OP's reaction, while exaggerated, was not completely unfounded. I will be the first to admit that the media blows things out of proportion, but that does not mean that the cases they report didn't actually occur. It's an unfortunate fact that with the way the world is today, people, particularly young women (although OP doesn't specify her age) have to take the "better safe than sorry" road. In the past few years there have been several cases of kidnapping/rape/murder taking place in parking lots, and I'm sure the women in those cases also thought they were safe. It's also a gross oversimplification to say that "the people who did get murdered usually a) slept with someone's wife b) stole someone's drugs or c) shot at some soldiers." That is absolute BS. Plenty of people are kidnapped, raped, and murdered in the US for no reason at all. Finally, while the OP overreacted, as you pointed out he could have shot her through a closed window. I suppose something like that was probably going through her head when she tried to pull away quickly.

MF12 0

how would you know he was creepy?

Because he was ugly, and that's automatically creepy and evil. If Brad Pitt had been walking toward her car, she would have wet herself trying to get out of the car and run up to him as fast as she could.

I really don’t blame you it is the US we’re talking about. Last time I was in that !@#$ing country some douche tried to jump me, lucky for me he wasn’t to smart seeing as how I’m 6’4 and 250 pounds and he was a little runt with a butter knife, !@#$ing Americans!

Do you do the same thing when someone knocks on your door?

#61: America is a good country, it's a free country and we here Americans are proud of it. I'm sorry for that guy who ruined your perspective, and we don't like the people that ruin our reputation like that. what you said offended me. I still think OP was smart for what she did.

I amcalling fake on that one. People that paranoid are institutionalised for their own good and certainly are not allowed to operate a car.

nicola14 0

Are you seriously that stupid? You should be institutionalised for thinking that there are no severly paranoid people that aren't locked up.

kkamp516 10

I just bought some shrooms downtown and I ate a piece of one, and it's ******* weird!!!! I'm gonna eat all of them at once!!!!**** this I'd xtazzy I cnat fcknig tpe it toopl hrad