Failed

By Anonymous - 14/04/2009 17:17 - United States

Today, I took my driving test. Completing the test, we returned and parked at the testing facility. As my tester was complimenting me, I leaned down to wind my window up, catching my long hair in the window. Frantically thrashing, I put the car in drive and floored it into a concrete wall. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 288
You deserved it 59 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

....You shifted from park into drive because your hair was caught in the window?

How did you put the car into drive while in that position?! .. I hope you failed your test after that.

Comments

Sakeyaki 0

You should've shifted it into PARK first. Don't just leave it in drive. :|

le_plume_beni 0

Haha did they still give you your license after that? And the sexism comes out in these comments... just because she made a stupid mistake doesn't mean ALL women are bad drivers. Lord knows us women don't hold one man's stupidity against his entire sex.

Sakeyaki 0

...Why would you shift it into drive? Or HOW would you? The only way I could see that is if your elbow bumps into it, but usually you have to push something before you can actually move it. I don't believe this one. EDIT: Ignore comment #62. It didn't look like it posted until now.

A couple of things: 1) The imagery in this keeps making me crack up. No idea why. XD 2) Way to make the rest of us females look bad. Thanks for the tip; next time I get my long hair caught in the window I'll have to remember not to thrash about like a maniac.

That's why long hair is stupid and unattractive.

OH and this too :) Cause Im enjoying rubbing this in your smug male faces: The Official Numbers According to TrafficSTATS, a risk analysis study by Carnegie Mellon for AAA in 2007, men have a 77% higher risk of dying in an accident compared to women. The study, using information from both the Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) and the National Household Travel Survey estimated fatalities per 100 million trips to be 14.61 for men and 6.53 for women. The total number of fatalities between 1999 and 2005 were 175,094 for men and 82,371 women. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), 14,512 male drivers died in 2007 compared to 5,865 female drivers Males aged 20 to 24 were more likely to die in an accident, while females aged 16–19 were slightly more likely to be killed than females 20–24. Many auto insurance industry experts would agree with the theory that males, especially young men, tend to drive more aggressively than women and display their aggression in a direct manner, rather than indirectly. And, experts agree that male drivers break the law more, and take more risks when driving. (IIHS off the insurance.com site, January 2009 article)

i was the YDI vote 6669 XD just saying. i think theres some symbolism there.

..so you're saying you compressed the brake, put the gear into drive, then moved your foot onto the gas pedal and floored it because of a hair? Even if you were "frantically thrashing" in the most retarded fashion, that's a little too precise for most cars.

#62 - actually that stereotype is FALSE. Men are worse drivers. They are more aggresive and give into road rage more. Just because YOU THIKN a stereotype is true doesn't make it so. Maybe you guys just dated bad drivers. AND because I can i'll back up my comment with : "Male drivers have a 77 percent higher risk of dying in a car accident than women, based on miles driven" - January 2007, MSNBC "Right behind octogenarians in high risk are young male drivers, ages 16-23, with fatality rates four times higher than average." - Jan 2007, MSNBC Female car insurance is cheaper than men (due to less frequency and severity of accidents) - The Money Stop, Jan 2007 "All the evidence points to young males having riskier driving habits than young females. Men between the ages of 16 and 25 are much more likely to be involved in accidents, or be cited for traffic violations," explains Insurance.com VP, Sam Belden. "Insurance companies bear this kind of behavior in mind when quoting rates. Insurance.com's own data supports this, too. Based upon information provided by consumers in the first half of 2008, Insurance.com reports that 68% of women have no traffic violations versus 64% of men." - Insurance.com January 2009 SOOOOO sorry to say but statistically, MEN... I say again... MMMEEENNN... are worse behind the wheel. Get your facts straight. Jerks.