Dumbass

By notrocketscience - 07/05/2012 15:57 - United States - West Monroe

Today, the father of my child couldn't understand why he had been laid off from his job as a painter's assistant. He couldn't find a broom or vacuum, so he "cleaned" a carpet by laying down strips of painter's tape and pulling it up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 399
You deserved it 3 753

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The intelligence is strong with this one. He improvised, give him some credit there.

Redoxx_fml 22

Comments

GovernorGeneral 8

Why cant you call him your husband? Unless youre divorced...but then you wouldnt know about the carpet thing....so why?

Because he can be the father of her child without them being married.....??

Wait wait wait.. So number 20 you're telling me it's physically possible to have a child with someone without being married? Mind = Blown!!

GovernorGeneral 8

Okok D:< i just havnt seen a lot of people who have babies before marriage cause of my religion...

ss_20_xx 14

26, which religion do you follow?

In today's society, plenty of people have children without being married. Then the child ruins their relationship and they never get married. Single parents, there's loads of them.

Matty1188 6

27, Does your religion require you to live under a rock?

94, some religions actually do pretty much require you to live under a rock. Like Mormonism and Jahova's witness. In those you aren't supposed to associate with anyone outside of the religion or do reasearch outside of church documents, especially with Jahova's witness.

KiddNYC1O 20

I want to gouge my eyes out.

xStaciexLynnx 15

108- You're an idiot. My father and stepmother are Jehovah's Witnesses (at least learn to spell it if you're going to insult them) and do everything that you and I do. They're just stricter with their beliefs and ACTUALLY follow them, unlike most religions.

KiddNYC1O 20

Okay, you became a little too defensive there. ^

#108, Some religions are like that, but Jehovah's Witnesses isn't one of them. My best friend is a Jehovah's witness, and I'm not. And if you think about it, they have a reputation for being obnoxious because they're encouraged to interact with non-Jehovah's Witnesses.

I'm just saying what I know from different sources I've looked at. I know that a lot of people who are mormon don't follow those association rules, but I'm pretty sure it's part of the official church rules. I don't know any Jehovah's witness (sorry that I spelled it wrong) so I admit that I don't have any personal experience with that particular religion, but I've read testimonies of people who have left the church and they described it as very strict on those rules. I wasn't intending to insult you are the religion, just calling it like I see it.

I think we should stop with the religion topic before we get modded.

These comments must be a mods worst nightmare, first a American English versus British English debate and a religious tiff

#108: im mormon and i follow it. no you are allowed to talk to others outside the religion. almost all my friends arnt mormon.

I'm not sure if I should feel more sorry for you or your child

NITSAN6 1

That actually sounds reasonable..

That's not a bad idea if u got nothing else to use. At least he tried to clean it instead of giving up.

I must say, I admired his forward thinking. At least he tried to find a solution rather than leave a mess...

TwiztedYuri 9

he puts Einstein to shame

TwiztedYuri 9

BURN his picture. seems to he working for other people

OP can raise it right and not follow the father's example. I don't understand how someone's genes affect intelligence...

ss_20_xx 14

Did you just refer to the child as it?

No (Thinks of excuse) It was Auto-correct. Yeah, Auto-correct...

I don't want to spark the whole nurture vs nature debate here, but at least most people agree that genes are somewhat involved in intelligence.

@33: The genes control everything which makes the original baby because they are what make up chromosomes and therefore, DNA, which controls how fast you learn and everything from the height you grow to to the inherited conditions you receive. This can affect your intelligence because you can receive learning difficulties which make learning things a struggle or health conditions which can cause brain damage later in life. However the environment and the person's personal choices do play a role in affecting intelligence because intelligence is perceived in multiple ways such as how they solve problems and how much knowledge they have. People who go on shows like 'Are You Smarter Than A 10 Year Old' are called stupid/smart for not knowing/simply knowing some rather obscure facts for example and people who solve problems in unique yet obscure ways are called clever even if they were just trying something stupid to see what happened and got the solution by chance.

RedPillSucks 31

Is your baby daddys name Forest Gump?