Don't get it

By Anonymous - 09/05/2015 19:17 - United States - Bristol

Today, my fiancée called off our wedding at the last moment, because her neurotic sister thinks she's "too fat" to be the maid of honor, and says she needs several months to lose weight. So that's a few thousand dollars wasted. My fiancée says I'm "overreacting" and that I "just don't get it". FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 238
You deserved it 3 335

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is a sign. Run now while you can.

Ask your fiancée why she didn't just tell her sister she looked great and that she wasn't fat instead of non verbally agreeing with her sisters thought by giving her time to lose weight.

Comments

I have a great bond with my sister but I would not cancel my wedding at the last minute because chose to wait to the last minute to lose weight.

Dump her ass and tell her she doesn't get it

ballislife2324 14

While nearly being married shows a strong relationship, the stunt your fiancée just pulled was dum. Dump the girl and find one that loves u

If you reeeeeeeeeely, reeeeeeeely want to marry her, suggest eloping to Las Vegas and see what her reaction is.

seems you avoided a bullit to me OP

Sounds as if you're paying for the wedding yourself. Personally, I'd walk away from her. You spent your hard-earned money and she was willing to throw it away on a whim. What else would she be willing to throw away in the future? If she can't be fiscally responsible and strong enough to stand up to her sister, what hope do y'all have?

Sorry OP, but it sounds like your future so called "sister-in-law" is making your wedding about her, and I hope your fiancée realizes that.

Think you might want to reconsider marrying her at all.

I have 3 sisters and we share a special bond. A bond soo strong they'll support me on my wedding day, even if they had a face full of zits. Her sister is probably jealous.