By CollegeBound - 17/08/2012 19:55 - United States - Tully

Today, at age eighteen, I finished moving out of my parents' house and into my own. The only person to even remotely give a shit was my sister, and that was only because I was taking the cat with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 259
You deserved it 2 361

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you're leaving those people behind.

taniamw 9

Be glad you're moving out then!

Comments

At least you're leaving those people behind.

Saryrr 3

And that they are letting you keep the cat.

At age 18 too.. I'm going to stay with my mommy until I'm 22. :3 You must be racking up some nice cash to have your own place that quickly.

Hopefully your relationship with your family will improve once you move out. It's often the way.

Don't let it get to you, your parents are still figuring out how to cope with you leaving. As for your sister... FYL

nikkkkkiii 7

I know that must really suck, but at least you probably won't regret this decision. There's nothing worse than trying to get your own place and start your life only to have your family try to guilt you into staying with them a little longer.

At least they're not strict and up your ass 24/7. Some parents don't even let their kids move until they're married and they don't let them have any independence at all. But FyL that they don't care still.

65, OP is 18 and legally an adult. They can do anything they want, even if the parents are strict.

noelykins1 19

I'm sorry but OP sounds kind of annoying. You're 18, and you're moving out. Do you expect your parents to care? Every parent knows at 18 it's time for their kid to grow up and start their own life. My brother is 21 still lives at home and we all want him out. Besides your family probably does care that your leaving but at the same time doesn't give a single shit, because you're doing what you're expected to do. I'm proud of OP. Anyways OP needs to stop complaining, his life doesn't suck, he's moving out, not being kicked out. His life is fine.

noelykins1 19

Oh and he's "college bound" so he's doing what most people now fail to do. OP your life is perfectly fine.

75 Some people actually respect their parents and wouldn't want to do something to piss them off. Legally we are allowed to drink and smoke at 19 too (in canada) but doesn't mean we do it

Ahahaha hazmen is famous now so y'all better watch out

I agree with the statement #80 wrote but that's not the point of this FML. The parents should be proud their son or daughter moved out and got his shit together, not ignoring!

taniamw 9

Be glad you're moving out then!

Exactly. That's an optimistic way to look at it. Although, it does suck when family members don't really care. Hope you'll make it out okay, OP.

momolee 4

It's not FYL. It's more of good for you.

And to show them, peel out of the drive way!

Happier_fml 1

You wont have to deal with that anymore! :D

pcentral 17

Sounds like you'll be better off without them!

MindFreakazoid 10

Now they're just somebody that he used to know~! (But they didn't have to cut him off...)

soad2014 7

22 - how about no, you crazy Dutch bastard?

35 i thought 22 did very good. He/she was being creative. Now shut up

MindFreakazoid 10

35 - Dutch...? I'm not even slightly dutch...

35's post is a reference to Dr. Evil from the movie Austin Powers, you crazy, non-Dutch bastards.

griffins33 4

Hey you're on your own who cares if they give a shit now!

comeatmebroo6254 1

That's disrespectful. Once you're gone I'm sure they will miss you. Say your goodbyes and be thankful that you have your own house now!

I can not figure out for the life of me why this is being thumbed down

MolesterStallone 13

You will meet new people now and get away from those inconsiderate bastards!

Why take the cat when you can get a dog?

Maybe they don't own a dog? edit: nvm

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Maybe because they like cats. Quit trying to start cats v. dogs arguments!

I do have to give credit, at least now every time they call the cat and it doesn't come, they'll think of OP. It's bound to pay off in the long run.

That doesn't make sense. Why would they call the cat when OP's taking it?

Once you have it around long enough you just get used to it. The shock factor of the cat leaving won't wear off for a while. Or something like that. Shit if I know just a wild hypothesis to try to recover from my original comment. I'd appreciate of you'd just let me have my moment of self esteem.

You've got a cat for company, you can now spend your time training it to play fetch and catch. Trust me, it's worth it.

FMLshark 12

Or teach it to use and flush a toilet.

11- you watch infomercials at 3am also? Actually... I suspect everyone on FML watches infomercials at 3am...

FMLshark 12

Actually, 29, I watched "Meet the Parents" where they owned a potty-trained cat named Jinx. But infomercials at 3 am sound even more fun that I expected if they show cats using toilets.

Just because they are family doesn't mean they have to like you!

PhishloverA 14

I wonder what OP did to make his family not like him though #12