Don't get it

By Anonymous - 09/05/2015 19:17 - United States - Bristol

Today, my fiancée called off our wedding at the last moment, because her neurotic sister thinks she's "too fat" to be the maid of honor, and says she needs several months to lose weight. So that's a few thousand dollars wasted. My fiancée says I'm "overreacting" and that I "just don't get it". FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 238
You deserved it 3 335

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is a sign. Run now while you can.

Ask your fiancée why she didn't just tell her sister she looked great and that she wasn't fat instead of non verbally agreeing with her sisters thought by giving her time to lose weight.

Comments

Leave that b****. She'll never put you first...sorry, not sorry.

i bet she didn't have a penny invested

If your fiancé doesn't understand that thousands of dollars doesn't just grow on trees, perhaps she's spoiled and not ready for marriage. It's unfortunate but that could become a much bigger issue in the future. Fighting over finances is a top reason people divorce.

Are you marrying her sister or her? It's not her wedding day, so who cares what she looks like, no one is going to be looking at her. Sorry OP this is a sign, run my friend, run.

If this is what the wedding is like, imagine what the rest of your life will be like. Run, dude.

I know some people aren't comfortable in dresses.. but still suck it up for one day.

SHMANDER 4

Might sound sexist, but if she's gonna let her sister be that "traditional" about how the maid of honor should look, then you should be traditional about the brides family having to pay for the wedding.

the wedding isn't about the sister so the wedding should still go on.