Confused

By anonymous - 12/12/2015 20:58 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my stepmom sat me down and told me that she doesn't think that my dad is my biological father because she hasn't gotten pregnant from him. I don't think she quite understands the concept of being a stepmom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 354
You deserved it 2 263

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Omfgitsmia 15

I think your stepmom is implying that your dad is sterile. She means that siince she's never gotten pregnant from him, your mom probably didn't either.

Comments

olpally 32

Just let her keep thinking that... No need to explain anything if she's that dense. Ugh.

Well apparently your dad didn't marry her for her brains.

But does she have biological kids of her own? If not, maybe it is _her_ who's infertile instead of your dad being sterile.

Even if she does have kids already, I'm assuming OP is at least 13, and if the step mom is around the same age as the dad, a lot can happen to fertility in 13+ years. I know a guy who has 2 kids, but got sacked so hard that he is now infertile. I know a couple women who have kids of their own, but are no longer fertile, even though they have not gone through menopause. And speaking of menopause, it could be starting for her and she is too stubborn to accept it, or hasn't noticed. Either way, it was a sick move for her to have that conversation with her step son.

infertility after having a kid is a huge thing. I cant get pregnant right now because im not ovulating for whatever reason. While it only took me two months to get pregnant with my first.

And it could be that she is from California, and she is a blonde.

No she's only 26 and this is her first marriage. My dad is twice her age. We had to explain the concept to her.

The FML has a perfect storyline and twisting end. Kudos to that.

im pretty sure shes saying your mom cheated on him.... but your step mom may be infertile... of course i your dad started drinking or smoking after you were born then that would kill sperm cells... anyway... that was was out of line to even think about saying... its not her place to say anything of the sort

She may be trying to say that your father is sterile, because she hasn't gotten pregnant from him, and that your biological mom may have cheated on him to get pregnant with you.

My step mom is a trophy wife. She's just dense. My dad has a vasectomy a few years ago and she doesn't know about it. Plus she legit believed that since she didn't birth me then i must be adopted (she's 26 and I'm 16)

Your dad seems like a giant douche if he married someone of child-bearing age and didn't tell them he got a vasectomy.

That's a cause for annulment if he didn't divulge this before the marriage.

Didn't she stop to think that maybe she is the sterile one?

FalloutScrolls 25

Now, there's dumb. And then there's this lady. Don't ever be this lady.

Maybe she ment that she and the dad have been trying to get pregnant and he can't get her with child. That would call into doubt if you were his.

Does your father smoke, drink, or take certain medications? Is he simply past his prime? Maybe he got a vasectomy after you were born. Maybe SHE'S the one who's infertile, not him. Unless they've been trying for a long time and have used multiple methods, it's pretty extreme for her to jump to the conclusion that just because he can't get her pregnant now means he can't have gotten anyone else pregnant before.