By Diana - 05/07/2018 01:30

Today, I gave birth to my first son. He was 11 pounds and the labour lasted 22 hours. My husband was absent for 8 of those hours because he slipped when my water broke, cracked his head, and ended up in the ER next door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 846
You deserved it 368

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shouldn't this be your husband's FML? I'll write it for him. "Today, I missed 8 hours of my wife's 22-hour labor because I slipped in her amniotic fluid, cracked my head, and had to go to the E.R. FML." That one's on the house.

It's not like he wanted to be absent. I hope he's okay. Congrats on the birth of your child.

Comments

azouwa 26

Those first born labors are no joke. Baby #2 is much easier. Usually.

She could have one or more daughters already.

azouwa 26

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Where did you get your medical degree from and what's your specialty? 🤔

katydid91 31

That's not always true. My mom had gestational diabetes and I was 5lbs 1oz.

You’re even worse than google for jump to conclusions diagnosis’s. It’s probably cancer.

It's not like he wanted to be absent. I hope he's okay. Congrats on the birth of your child.

Somehow this is the mans fault for ending up in the E.R and missing 8 hours

julfunky 29

Not once did she “blame” her husband in this FML.

Shouldn't this be your husband's FML? I'll write it for him. "Today, I missed 8 hours of my wife's 22-hour labor because I slipped in her amniotic fluid, cracked my head, and had to go to the E.R. FML." That one's on the house.

MamaChey 24

Perhaps you’ve never delivered a child or been in excruciating pain for 22 hours, but OP needed him to be there more than the baby. It’s DEFINITELY HER FML.

Its both. In practical term, having a husband by your side does what exactly? In the end the labor being succesful clearly would've been thanks to god anyway.

So all those women who have given birth without the father present, be they single mothers, women who have had a baby via an anonymous sperm donor, or ones whose partner hasn't made it to her side in time, have done so with an extreme amount of difficulty that would have been negated had the father been there? A father's presence at his child's birth isn't a necessity, but most attend in order to support their wives/girlfriends, and witness their child/children being born. I understand women suffer through the worst pain imaginable when giving birth, but aside from holding their hands, and coaching them through it, most fathers aren't needed during childbirth, unless they and the mother are alone for some reason. Oh, and while I have never, and will never, experience the pains of childbirth, I can tell you that, as the eldest of four children, I have been in a tremendous amount of pain for the past 28 years.

ViviMage 38

Not tonight honey. I have a headache!

And a concussion. And double vision. And I think I bit my tongue, as well.

Eddie3 7

I don't understand how people can choose YDI on stuff like this.

Perhaps they believe that rather than create a safety hazard she should have used it to put out a nearby fire or something.

That was very sweet of you to wait for him

Holy shit lady, did you give birth to a watermelon or a kid? How are you even alive. You must be superwoman

bobsanction 18