By cait - 26/08/2019 15:00 - United States - Edmond

Today, within one day of meeting me, my stepmom decided to break up with my dad. Her reason being, "I love you, but I just can’t put up with the kid." I’m 'the kid'. I’m 28 years-old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 825
You deserved it 205

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, sounds like she just needed an excuse.

Stepmom implies they’re already married. She’s willing to divorce your dad because of you, a 28 year old who must live a ways away if this is the first time you’re meeting? She’s making excuses.

Comments

Well, sounds like she just needed an excuse.

Be glad she didn't give your dad the ultimatum, "Either the kid goes or I do!" You coulda been orphaned.

What happened at this first meeting? Are you still living at home or super close where she feels like you’d be an interference? She’s still a bitch for handling it the way she did. Even if she was just looking for an excuse. That’s not fair to place on the kid though, no matter the age. A grown child is even worse.

do you perhaps live at your fathers place ? at 28.....

I lived at home until I was 25. My parents allowed me to stay rent free so long as I was in school. As soon as I got my degree I moved out. OP could be in a similar arrangement.

Lol, what's wrong with living with your parents?

Stepmom implies they’re already married. She’s willing to divorce your dad because of you, a 28 year old who must live a ways away if this is the first time you’re meeting? She’s making excuses.

Aphrodite 20

Either you’re leaving out a chuck of information or she wanted to leave your dad all along. Either way sorry.

Sounds like you did your dad a favor.