Can't take my eyes off you

By silverscrescent - 22/08/2020 01:02 - United Kingdom - Poole

Today, I was babysitting my 8-year-old niece. I left her for 10 minutes so I could take a shower, only to walk in on her with her dress rolled up, peeing on the floor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 290
You deserved it 435

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ojoRojo 27

8 years old is a bit old to not know better than that

xxlk4xx 6

yeah some kids definitely cant be left alone, I know my 8 year old is fine but theyre just some that aren't. usually if I HAVE to shower I'll put a movie on with a snack for everyone and they're usually fine. honestly just talk to her about it, she could have really needed to go but couldn't go in the bathroom, could be a number of reasons but either way shes old enough to clean it up.

Comments

What took you so long in the shower? The kid couldn't get to the toilet while you were doing God-knows-what in the bathroom.

10 minutes is too long? Unwashed man alert.

icalledhisname 12

A lot of kids can’t be left alone for that long. Some can. But they just don’t have enough logic and conscience at that age still.

ojoRojo 27

8 years old is a bit old to not know better than that

You're being paid to babysit, it's not the time for personal grooming. Would you take a shower at the office?

DukavichIsADick 3

She may not have been getting payed.

Depending on how long she babysits for, personal grooming time is expected. Babysitting isn’t always just a few hours dude.

xxlk4xx 6

yeah some kids definitely cant be left alone, I know my 8 year old is fine but theyre just some that aren't. usually if I HAVE to shower I'll put a movie on with a snack for everyone and they're usually fine. honestly just talk to her about it, she could have really needed to go but couldn't go in the bathroom, could be a number of reasons but either way shes old enough to clean it up.

You never leave young kids alone. Since you are babysitting you should have done that before you got there, or wait until her parents arrived.

She’s 8 years old, old enough to generally manage bodily autonomy like bathroom usage. If you think her parents don’t leave her alone at all, you’re sorely mistaken.

Sonotsuave 35

At eight years old? A toddler maybe but damn 8’s too old for that. Somebody needs to potty train

silverscrescent 12

Hey, OP here! Just to clarify on a few things, my niece is a very good, mature kid most of the time, she just had an accident whilst she was distracted :)! I was babysitting her over the course of a weekend so just going without a shower wouldn't have been very hygienic lol, hope that clears things up