Rookie mistake

By Grounded4Life - 14/08/2021 14:01

Spicy
Today, I got grounded, got my bedroom door taken away and my phone is only allowed before 5 p.m. Never comment how many points you got on a public Facebook post involving a quiz about sex if your mom is friends with you, she’ll see everything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 373
You deserved it 2 331

Same thing different taste

Top comments

NEVER add parents on Facebook, even as an adult

DoctorPALO 14

Don't know how old or mature you are, so I don't know if YDI or not. I personally knew all about sex at the age of 10, but I wasn't sexually active until years later.

Comments

NEVER add parents on Facebook, even as an adult

DoctorPALO 14

Don't know how old or mature you are, so I don't know if YDI or not. I personally knew all about sex at the age of 10, but I wasn't sexually active until years later.

I quit posting on Facebook because the self-censorship was suffocating. I had to consider how everyone on my network would react, so I was constricted to a few boring topics. Sorry you had to learn this the hard way.

Doom_Kitty 12

YDI for thinking that sex is some kind of fun topic to make quizzes about on facebook. And of course for using facebook. But honestly that's one of most shitty ways to deal with teenies for parents. No wonder that too much people still can't handle their sexuality properly as adults.

Exactly, sex should under no circumstance be construed as something that could ever be "fun", or that you might ever want to learn more about. It's best left as dry, tedious and boring as humanly possible, and it's just so much better if you're completely ignorant about it and have no idea what you're doing when the day comes.

Doom_Kitty 12

Oh yeah, that was absolutely what i wanted to say you got it. Who would know that sex actually is something you have a responsibility about and maybe there are better sources of informations than facebook but yes...it explains a lot ;)

Suaria 38

This is why you should either restrict your parents on Facebook or not have them as friends on there

Learn the lesson now. Never post anything publicly that you wouldn’t want 1. Your mom 2. Your boss or job interviewer, or 3. The police, to see. One of them will end up seeing it or someone will end up sharing. It’s best to learn now before it costs you jobs or worse.

The smarter kids have more than one Facebook profile - One for Mom and Dad to feel good about and one for your close friends - Make sure no one is a friend on both profiles to avoid “leakage”. Of course Facebook tries to prevent all that, but all you need is two different email addresses and different profile pictures or avatars… My Ex once mentioned that growing up her sister had two diaries - One for mom to find and secretly read and one for her real thoughts. But seriously, your online profile is effectively a public record and before you post something online think about the consequences if mom or dad or a teacher or boss saw it. We all self-censor at times. It comes with growing older and wiser. It could save you a lot of unnecessary trouble.