Bad influence

By Anonymous - 18/02/2012 00:58 - United States

Today, it's been one week since my demented grandma babysat my five-year-old daughter while my husband took me to a fancy restaurant. Now she's taken to screaming and calling me a "damn commie" whenever I discipline or say no to her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 633
You deserved it 5 872

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you let your demented grandma babysit your kid? That's just asking for trouble....

flipfloperson 5

Comments

Lycoris_fml 13

Parenting fail, OP. YDI for leaving your kid with someone who is mentally unstable. Be glad she didn't come out of your grandma's house with emotional and psychological trauma.

Persistence and consistency are key to discipline, OP. Just keep pushing through; you will make it! :)

OP , your daughter is at an age where she will mimic anyone she's with. My niece was quite fearful thus obediant to her mother before she started pre-school. Now, she comes home, talks back to everyone, rolls her eyes, smacks her lips, and turns her back if anyone tries to verbally correct her. She's learned the hard way, but has definitely made a progress on changing that awful attitude she had. Spare the rod; spoil the child [not to the point where DSS is barging in your home and taking them away]. But You need to correct that behaviour now, or God forbid how she'll act in her teens. Be consistent with your discipline. If not she'll see that weakness and not take you seriously.

43, if you're referencing the quote from the bible...you need to know something- the "rod" DIDN'T mean belt, stick or any kind of striking someone with something..."rod" meant WISDOM... IE...if you don't use wisdom to teach your child properly (right from wrong) they will become spoiled/bad people as a result of just letting them get away with being/doing bad..NOT spank/beat your child in order to teach them right from wrong or they'll become spoiled/evil, although a proper spanking does work to a point...but still, that's NOT what the quote meant.

I'm sorry, but why would you ask your "demented grandma" to babysit your kid if you know she's, well, demented? Next time you're going out, call someone else!

They didn't say she had dementia, they called her 'demented'. Get off your high-horses and stop taking this site so seriously!

My guess is there was a parent or aunt/uncle there too, but that was irrelevant to the FML. My grandfather (had Alzheimer's) usually had my dad (or someone else) with him in his final years, but I still picked up some awesome new words from him.

Bitch slap that ho, you're the parent! And next time childcare is needed maybe think of someone other than a family member that sounds like they also need a baby sitter.

Jesus ****, OP, why the hell would you let your demented grandma babysit your kid? You had what was coming to you. How can you be that stupid, anyway?

flooger101 6

At least it can pass for being cute. She could have learned worse honestly.

i dont know what concerns me more that you left your young child with your demented mother or that you believe in "disciplining" your young child. sorry if I have misinterprated your use of the word

It's the people that don't believe in disciplining their children that are the problem. So lazy.

Disciplining could be anything from popping their butt when they do something dangerous to putting them in time out for saying nasty words. I know my parents disciplined me well as a child, and my children will also be treated the same way.

57, if you don't believe in discipline...then PLEASE....do NOT reproduce! There's a MAJOR difference between discipline & abusing one's child...unfortunately my so-called "Christian" father couldn't tell the difference but I knew even as a child what was what.