Unpaid

By Anonymous - 12/01/2022 10:59

Today, I informed my daughter-in-law that I’m a granny, not an unpaid, on-call 24/7 babysitter, and no, I will not be babysitting her kids all day so she can go to an all-day brunch with her similarly selfish girlfriends. She threw an actual tantrum and threatened to put me in a home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 512
You deserved it 150

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bratmommie 4

Seriously?? Dude, a wee bit clueless there! My husband's daughter, when she didn't live with us in our house, expected 24/7 babysitting. Both of her children are older than my son - her half brother. Fk'ing princess generation!

It's one thing to ask you once in a while but that often? Your DIL should at least offer to pay you if she's going to overly depend on you to raise her children for her.

Comments

Well, while she's certainly nothing short of an entitled brat, there are a few things that still need cleared up. Not least: do you live with her and your son free of charge? Do you help around the house and with the kid? I assume the answer is likely yes to the 2nd one at least, given how you said you weren't a "24/7" babysitter, but that doesn't necessarily make your refusal legitimate. If you just sit around all day and contribute nothing to the household, then her getting pissed off is rather legitimate (although, again, given her reaction, I doubt that's actually the case).

bratmommie 4

Seriously?? Dude, a wee bit clueless there! My husband's daughter, when she didn't live with us in our house, expected 24/7 babysitting. Both of her children are older than my son - her half brother. Fk'ing princess generation!

What part of "I doubt that's the case" did you not understand? My point is just that it's not 100% crystal clear, but yes, I agree that it's likely just the daughter being a shitty entitled brat. That being said, could you please be so kind and go eat a f*cking d*ck with that "princess generation" comment of yours? It's not like there's a shortage of entitled geezers either, so those high horses of yours are hardly more than a dwarf pony.

I thought grannies lived to spend time with their grandchildren. Here, your daughter-in-law is giving you plenty of this gift and you are mad about it? Maybe a home isn't a bad idea.

It's one thing to ask you once in a while but that often? Your DIL should at least offer to pay you if she's going to overly depend on you to raise her children for her.