Shackled

By Merserve - 09/07/2020 02:00

Today, I went over to confront my parents about how my siblings always get to visit and all I do when I’m over is work on their house or take care of grandma. My mom was very upset. Then she snuck out with my sister, leaving me to take care of grandma until she got back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 810
You deserved it 143

Same thing different taste

Top comments

just because they're blood relatives doesn't mean you have to accept them if they treat you like shit. i have friends that treat me better than some relatives. be with those who appreciate you. related or not.

Just stop going over there. Problem solved. I learned that lesson the hard way.

Comments

just because they're blood relatives doesn't mean you have to accept them if they treat you like shit. i have friends that treat me better than some relatives. be with those who appreciate you. related or not.

Don't forget to clean the coffee machine, Cinderella!

At least there is someone to take care of grandma

Just stop going over there. Problem solved. I learned that lesson the hard way.

Well. Looks like it’s time to cut your parents out of your life. They obviously don’t care about your feelings enough to change. Well, cut out or limit visits by half.

Well. Looks like it’s time to cut your parents out of your life. They obviously don’t care about your feelings enough to change. Well, cut out or limit visits by half.

genuinegoodguy 9

They’ll never need a new doormat whilst they’ve got you.

i would do anything to look after my Granny again. be greatful you still have your Grandma. 😡😡😡

Look I love my gramma and want her to be happy but it pisses me off that they leave all of her caretaking to my mom and its like pulling teeth to get some of her siblings to help out just so my mom can get out of the house. (My gramma cant be left alone for long in case she falls and hurts herself). So I definitely understand how OP can feel used by her family and in a situation like this there needs to be a better system of equally distributing the work so no one ends up resenting anyone.

All I can say.. Is that when your grandma transitions out of this world, you’re gonna have one helluva an ancestor watching your back. You’ll get your blessings love❤️ don’t let your grandma suffer on account of them. No it’s not your responsibility and no you don’t “have” to but don’t leave that woman alone 😩 I can only imagine how she feels knowing she can’t take care of herself and her own child keeps forcing other people to step in

Take Grandma out for some fun and let them worry when they get back. Seriously, I would stop helping them out on the house straight off, but I would continue to look after Grandma. None of this is her fault and however much you might feel your parents are taking advantage of you, they do need a break from caring for Grandma. And I bet Grandma loves you and appreciates your care. And that makes you a great person, caring for someone in need.