Awks

By hungryman - 14/07/2009 21:10 - Canada

Today, my girlfriend's mom pulled me aside and started telling me about how her daughter was extremely depressed and suicidal before she met me, and how happy her family is because of me. I was planning on breaking up with her within the next week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 651
You deserved it 9 104

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow...That's a mind **** for sure. The fact that you thought about it tells me you are a good person. You have to do what's best for you though. You can keep her as a friend and support her.

You can't be responsible for someone else's happiness. Don't be in the relationship if you don't want to. Sucks, but that's life.

Comments

27BronxBombers 12

I'm hoping you did what you think was right and everything is good between you two now. I can tell you're a good guy because you were clearly doing something right in the relationship and had to rethink breaking up with her.

Looks like you've got a dilemma on your hands. But seriously, don't stay with her just because that's how she is. It's not your fault nor your problem.

CuppyCake4me 2

#7 is right, you should just act like an ass then she'll break up with you :)

How the hell can you people plan for breakups so easily? If u dnt plan to maintain a relationship better not start it... a person's feelings is not a toy that u can play with! You deserve the worst!!!

doglover100 28

I agree. He needs to leave if he wants but support as a friend.

dump her. can't be unhappy for that reason. suicides a way of life. population control

I've been in your position before OP, well, maybe in one that wasn't so severe. My advice to you would be to end it gently, tell her you want to be friends, and ACTUALLY BE HER FRIEND. Be there and support her when she needs help, in time she'll see that you did the best by her.

rockne93 17

All these years later, I'm curious as to what the outcome is