Assumptions

By Toast514 - 29/07/2009 23:49 - Canada

Today, I was short shifted at work because one of my employees decided not to show up. Furious, I wrote her up and made predetermined judgments about her. When she came in, I went off on her for being absent and leaving me stuck. She then informed me her mom tried to commit suicide. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 161
You deserved it 62 509

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Way to explode too soon! Didn't you notice this is out of her character??? YDI.

zip123 0

How would you have known? IMO, not your fault.

Comments

GotThatSwag 0

Meant your not you're. Stupid auto correct on iPod

buckley91 9
TenchiMasaki 0

I can tell your managerial skills is pretty shitty. if you cannot make quick and calm decisions, you will not ever make it past where you are. I bet you don't bonus much and probably average or below in your district.

Knight05 0

maybe you should learn how to manage you fat mother ******. Nobody likes a douche manager who thinks they're above everyone. You sir are a piece of shit and I hate you.

kyle_kbo20 0

and i hate you you fat sob #26

your worthless the manager did the right thing. the employee shouldve called in.

marrymejulietx 0

Wow I'd love to work for you. Never have to call in and let someone know you're not coming in for work? Hell yeah, sign me up. You're the one who never needs to be a manager, because you're the kind of idiot that irritates other employees. "X hasn't called or showed up for work in 3 days, but is Knight gonna do anything about it? Of course not. So we get to pick up X's slack and we get nothing for it, what else is new?"

unless her mom was trying to kill herself from the time she was supposed to show up until the minute she walked in when she finally did show up she deserves to get yelled at. no sympathy from me, fire the bitch!

You people are being over sympathetic to the woman. Most of you aren't admitting it but the fact is pretty much everyone would be pissed off about that, OP has a life too and she could have really been ******* with his schedule. Honestly if I were in that situation I'd have called in like amy other responsible person would do. Stop being mad at OP because the fact is a lot of people do slack and make up bullshit excuses when they finally came in. He had an excuse to be mad and he got mad big ******* deal. Fyl for being delayed. Fhl for her mom. And you don't deserve this at all.

A common misunderstanding. Not an FML, not a YDI.

YDI, but you seem like you know you deserved it, and she definitely could have taken 30 seconds to call in and leave a message.

Horde 8

give her mom 2 Prozac and a fat dick and tell her to call ya in the morning. and the employee deserves to be written up if they just didn't show up or call or anything.

I don't think you were in the wrong to be upset about her being late. Maybe you could have called her? You did overreact, as long as you apologize and give her some time off (if she wants it), you're doing the best you can to rectify the situation.