Assumptions

By Toast514 - 29/07/2009 23:49 - Canada

Today, I was short shifted at work because one of my employees decided not to show up. Furious, I wrote her up and made predetermined judgments about her. When she came in, I went off on her for being absent and leaving me stuck. She then informed me her mom tried to commit suicide. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 161
You deserved it 62 509

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Way to explode too soon! Didn't you notice this is out of her character??? YDI.

zip123 0

How would you have known? IMO, not your fault.

Comments

aw93 0

She should have called instead of leaving you hanging. Not knowing why she didn't call I say it's her fault.

So let me get this straight? You were upset because you were making more money?

Bosses like you are the definition of a hostile work environment. I know it's frustrating that an employee doesn't call when he or she is scheduled to work and doesn't show up, but to make judgments like that, write the employee up, and then chew them out when they DO show up (which this employee even bothered to show up at all) is downright wrong. You should be written up and fired, not to mention sent back to grammar school.

DALLR 2
catanita 18

In this hi tech world everybody has a cell phone. You could have called her to find out why she is missing from work.

snapdragon1100 7

Should have asked if she had a reason before you jumped all over her.

Personally as a manager, I'd be angry with my employee too and would defiantly write her up. Even in family emergency you can take the 2 minutes to call and say you are cant come it. BUT Yelling at her like that is very unprofessional and unnecessary.

MadisonMarie08 2

You sound like a bitch, you totally deserved it.