Vultures circling overhead

By Anonymous - 07/08/2023 16:00

Today, I inherited several buttloads of money from my grandmother, including property, and by gosh did so many relatives appear from the woodwork to remind me of money granny owed them, or how they just needed an investment to kickstart their business venture. The whole lot of them can screw off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 192
You deserved it 90

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Protect yourself from them at all times. You might lose a lot of connections but stay away and depart from them. If the will was set as is, there's no argument about it. Damn bottom feeders.

Hello. You might not remember me, but I was your Grandma's best friend's brother's step-cousin from the woodworks, and she borrowed one buttload of money from me to play at the Casino just before her death. Please Venmo me the money ASAP so I can kickstart my business venture. Thank you.

Comments

Protect yourself from them at all times. You might lose a lot of connections but stay away and depart from them. If the will was set as is, there's no argument about it. Damn bottom feeders.

Hello. You might not remember me, but I was your Grandma's best friend's brother's step-cousin from the woodworks, and she borrowed one buttload of money from me to play at the Casino just before her death. Please Venmo me the money ASAP so I can kickstart my business venture. Thank you.

L0life29 6

Me too!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

SylvarLorali 4

Good. It doesn't matter if your grandmother owed them money - that does NOT mean that you do, because you don't. Do not give any of them a cent and keep the money all to yourself, no matter how angry they get or how much they beg. Leeches.

The time for debtors to make good on their claims was when the estate was in probate, NOT after you've received your bequest. And since when does sudden money imply that you're now a venture capitalist? The whole lot of them can indeed screw off.

You have what is known as "**** off" money, so say exactly that.

Just put it all into RichardPencil NFTs, and it will be safe from moochers while earning fabulous returns!

no one has stated the obvious... if grandma had that much money, why on earth would she have borrowed from them? they're lying through their teeth just to con you out of some $$. good for you for telling them all to kiss your ass!

There's a reason we've avoided stating the obvious. Because it's obvious.

That's right, they can! Your grandmother left the money to you, not them. And if she owed them something, well, that's on her, not you. Stand your ground. Get lawyers involved if you must.